CHAPTER ONE

Natalie was shifting her weight from one foot to another, while she nervously waited for her friend Eve to arrive. Today was their first day at Ivy High - a school that consisted mostly of children of celebrities, famous actors, politicians, and even royal families.
The two girls were actually none of the above and they would never be able to pay the fees - but they were smart enough to get the scholarships the school would provide each year for two students with the most outstanding academic achievements. Everything was included in it- the fees, the food, and the ridiculously expensive school uniform. Even the dorms were already paid for. It was like a dream come true.
"Sorry, I'm late" Eve exclaimed, suddenly appearing next to her friend. "Ready for today?"
"As ready as I'll ever be" responded Natalie with a small smile and both of them entered the fancy-looking building of their new school.
The school was so huge that the girls got lost on their way to their first class which was English.
"You looking for something?" Natalie heard a boy's voice behind her back and turned around. She gasped. It couldn't be! Behind her was standing the living legend of Ivy High - Constantin, the one and only prince of Greece. He was even more handsome in person than in pictures. He gave off a very strong bad boy vibe with his messy blond hair and deep green eyes. As soon as he saw Natalie and Eva's faces, the look in his eyes changed - it turned dark and unfriendly as he recognized them.  "Oh, look what we have here." He smirked. "Our special need scholarship students. I heard we are getting some this year"
Natalie gave him an angry look and he chuckled.
"Hey, no need to get all worked up. It's not like you'll stay here for very long" he said nonchalantly.
"And what makes you say that?" she asked, arms crossed in front of her chest. He was starting to annoy her - if he wasn't going to be helpful, he should just shut up.
"You." He pointed at both of them. "Don't belong here. You'll realize it soon enough."
He gave them one last look before turning around and disappearing behind the corner.
"What an asshole!" whispered Natalie, clenching her fists. She turned to Eve who had a shocked look on her face. Natalie was more furious than surprised though - who the hell did he think he was? There's no way she'll just let him treat them like that. She was going to show him where he belongs- in the trash. There was no backing down now.
"So what are we gonna do now?" Eve broke the silence. The class was just about to start and they still had no idea where to go. She was starting to feel desperate - she just wanted this day to pass and especially she didn't want to be late on the very first day.
Suddenly, the doors to one of the classrooms opened and a beautiful blonde girl walked out of it.
"Excuse me!", said Natalie, grabbing her attention. "Could you please show us the way to our classroom?"
"It's our first day here", added Eve.
The girl looked at her watch and then smiled at them.
"Sure, no problem! Which classroom are you looking for?"
Natalie looked down at her schedule.
"B25, with Mr. Callenreese?"
The girl looked surprised for a second and then she burst out laughing. Eve and Natalie looked at her confused and she quickly explained:
"Ah, I'm not laughing at you! It's just that I also have first period English with Mr. Callenreese. We're gonna be classmates. I mean what are the odds?" She smiled. "My name is Olympia, by the way. And you guys are...?:
"Natalie."
"Eve."
The girls introduced themselves, relieved. It seemed like there were some nice people at this school, after all.
They spend the rest of their way to the classroom chatting with Olympia, who turned out to be the princess of Greece.
Wish her brother was half as nice as she is, Natalie thought bitterly but didn't say anything. Just because Olympia and Constantin were siblings didn't mean they automatically had to be alike.
When they entered the classroom, everyone was staring at them.
"Do I have something on my face...?", muttered Eve, looking around nervously.
"I don't think that's the case. Let's just find a place to sit.",  Natalie looked around the classroom, searching for a desk to sit at. Suddenly, something caught her attention. She felt her anger levels rising at the mare sight of an awfully familiar blonde boy.
Didn't think this guy would be here, she thought to herself. She sighed. Of course, the only free desk had to be in front of him. Just my luck.
While Natalie was contemplating what would be the easiest way to get rid of a body, Eve couldn't take her eyes off of a dark-haired boy sitting next to the prince of Greece. He was absolutely breathtaking, with his curly black hair, pale skin, and big hazel eyes. She didn't want him to catch her staring but she just couldn't help herself from being oblivious.
Natalie gently shook her, putting her out of her trance and back to reality.
"Everyone's looking at us. Let's just sit down." Natalie pushed her friend in front of her, towards the dark-haired boy and his seatmate. Eve's heart started beating frantically as if it wanted to get out of her chest.
"Are we going to sit in front of them?", she whispered in panic.
"Does it look like we can sit anywhere else?" Natalie sighed. "Just play it cool, if that asshole says anything to you I'm personally gonna kick his ass."
"I wish he would say something to me", Eve explained dreamily before realizing that they were talking about two different guys. Natalie shook her head in disbelief.
"It's only day one and you're already finding a lover boy", She teased.
"I just think he's cute", Eve responded, shrugging her shoulders.
"Who do you think is cute?"
Shit thought Natalie. She didn't think Constantin could hear them because they were whispering but apparently, his amazing hearing abilities were given to him to compensate for being an asshole.
"Not you ", Natalie said coldly and he laughed.
"You just don't wanna admit it."  He sounded so confident, Natalie felt a sudden urge to put him in his place.
"No, I genuinely don't know why anyone would find you cute with that personality of yours."
Eve's eyes winded. Did I take it too far? Natalie asked herself. No, he deserved it for being a self-obsessed prick.
"Savage." Constantin smirked, leaning back into his chair in a typical I'm-such-a-bad-boy move. "I'm sure I can change your mind though."
"Change my mind about you not being cute? I'd like to see that." Natalie laughed ironically.
"Just don't regret it later", he answered with a playful spark in his eyes and a teasing smile on his lips.
"Later when?"
"When you fall in love with me."
Eve could feel her jaw-dropping to the floor. What the hell has her friend gotten herself into? Catching the attention of the hottest guy at school on the very first day? What the heck is it, a Wattpad fanfiction?! Being shocked by Natalie's conversation with Constantin, she completely forgot about the black-haired guy she previously had her eyes on.
He was now staring at her with an amused look on his face.
Why is he looking at me like that? she thought. She couldn't read anything from his face. Suddenly, he smiled at her. Did he just smile at me?! She was about to pass out but Natalie's firm grip on her shoulder held her in place.
"Good luck trying." Her friend answered, looking at Constantin coldly. "I'm gonna take my seat now if you don't mind. I would appreciate it if you would keep your mouth shut"
And just like that, Eve and Natalie's hopes of peaceful high school life at Ivy's High were demolished.