When Shawn Named a Snail

"Interesting stuff?" Shawn asked as he watched his girlfriend scan over the email she had gotten from Leo Scott, the Harper Collins representative she had met with.

"Yeah," she happily sighed. "Basically they would want me to take down my self-published version of Funhouse Mirrors so that I can re-release it through them. It would be re-published digitally as well as in a paperback version that would be distributed to stores. If it sells well, they would most likely put together another book deal for me."

"So kind of like a trial run?"

"Kind of...I mean I'd be surprised if they offer any kind of long-term contract, especially this early. My guess is that it'll be book-by-book for the most part."

"So are you gonna do it?" Shawn asked.

"Are you kidding me?" Camila laughed. "It's Harper Collins, I think I'd be a crazy person if I didn't." Shawn smiled at her proudly and leaned across the couch to kiss her cheek.

"I'm so proud of you. I know I've been saying that a lot lately but it's only because it's true. You're crushing it." He laid down on the couch and gently rested his head on her growing baby bump, almost instantly feeling a little kick to the side of his head. "Hey!" he said as he turned his face toward her stomach. "Can you not? I'm trying to cuddle." Camila just laughed and shook her head.

"I'm sure it was meant to be a loving kick," she giggled.

"Sure it was..."

"Shawn...I need a name for this baby," Camila said plainly.

"Charcuterie. Diablo. Secret Agent. Ravioli. Astronaut. Mockingbird. Spaghetti Squash."

"Wow...they're all so good. I don't know how I could ever choose..." she said sarcastically as they both laughed.

"Are you thinking you want a name if it's a girl and a different name if it's a boy? Or one gender-neutral name that they get no matter what?" he asked.

"I think I like the idea of gender-neutral name."

"Pretty sure every name I listed was gender-neutral..."

"Oh hush. I'm being serious! Help me." Shawn sat in silence, trying to think of a good name.

"Well, when I was little I found a tiny snail on my window sill one day. I wanted to name it but I didn't know if it was a boy snail or a girl snail, so I named it Quinn. I don't know why...I just felt like any boy or girl would like the name Quinn."

"Quinn..." she said quietly. "I like Quinn." Shawn just started laughing.

"I can't wait for you to explain to our future child that they were named after a snail that I found on my window when I was little." Camila smiled softly noticing his usage of the term 'our future child'. "What's that look for?" he asked.

"Oh nothing," she cooed before leaning down and kissing his forehead. Just as her lips connected with his forehead he felt another swift kick to the back of his head.

"Hey! Chill out stinker," he groaned.

"I guess Quinn thinks I should be the one snuggling up to you..." Camila shrugged. Shawn moved and leaned back on the couch, letting his girlfriend lay down with her head on his lap, his hand lazily playing with her hair.

"Do you want to watch a movie?" he asked. When he received only silence as a response, he looked down to notice Camila fast asleep. He smiled and pulled the blanket off of the back of the couch, spreading it out across her small body as she snuggled in for her afternoon nap.

She woke up about and hour and a half later when the soft lap she had been laying on became increasingly more uncomfortable. She laughed when she realized it was because of the sweatpants covered boner poking the side of her face. She giggled and looked up to see that her boyfriend was also asleep.

"Whatcha dreaming about?" she whispered as she started to softly palm him over his pants. He groaned and opened his eyes, smiling softly when he saw her.

"Sorry, didn't mean to wake you..." she said innocently. "Especially since you seemed to be having such a good dream."

"Well sometimes reality is better than dreams," he sighed. Camila leaned up and gave him a quick peck on the lips before helping him find release. Blowjobs had become more and more common as Camila got more pregnant. Luckily she enjoyed giving them as much as Shawn enjoyed receiving them.

"I can't wait to not be pregnant anymore," Camila lamented as she sat up on the couch.

"Yeah? Why do you say that?"

"Because..." she said shyly. "I wanna do stuff with you..."

"Oh yeah?" Shawn chuckled. "What kind of stuff?"

"Stuff that's kinda difficult to do with a big bump in the way." Shawn threw his head back in laughter as Camila began to blush. "Don't laugh at me! I'm a grown woman with needs."

"Needs that I'm still willing and able to meet..."

"Yes," she agreed. "But my needs like to be met in many different positions." Shawn laughed even harder.

"I promise that when this baby is out and the coast is clear for us to have sex again I'll meet your needs in any position you'd like."

"Thank you," she said happily as she kissed his lips. "Me and my needs would appreciate that."

"Speaking of needs...I'm starving. What about you?" he asked.

"I'm always hungry."

"Pizza?"

"Yes please," she said with a smile. "But don't forget my olives this time!"

"Wouldn't dream of it," he chuckled as he picked up his phone. He called their favorite pizza place and ordered the pizza with olives on half of it. They spent the remainder of their night eating their pizza and watching episodes of "I Am A Killer" on Netflix.

"It's weird that they all seem so chill about it. I mean, they're literally on death row for murder and just talking about it casually to a producer and director and an entire crew as if it's just some funny old memory they're reminiscing on."

"Well," Shawn started. "To be fair, I think there has to be some sort of emotional disconnect from the beginning in order for someone to commit such a heinous crime. Someone who is capable of murder is going to have an easier time justifying it than someone who isn't."

"I guess that makes sense," Camila sighed.

"You're not capable of murder...are you?" Shawn asked jokingly.

"I actually am. I've just chosen to spare you," she replied sarcastically.

"Damn," he gasped. "That's hot." Camila playfully rolled her eyes and picked an olive off of her pizza, throwing it at his face and successfully hitting him in the nose. "Are olives your murder weapon of choice?"

"Oh shut up!" Camila laughed.