Chapter 3

Quinn- Posted 5:35 PM

The Truth

We've all seen the post circulating about Timm, the popular Dance Competitor denying black dancers auditions for his dance team. However, that's the least of what he's done. 

A lot of people don't know about my wretched past with Timm other than him abandoning me when our law firm began gaining traction. 

Many people don't know that Timm and I were married. I was young, and ever so foolish. Little did I know he was having an affair behind my back with a young woman named Dawniee. I filed a divorce, and knew that from then on I needed to be a lot stricter.

So I didn't make contact with Timm for quite a while, but was keeping tabs on him. I watched as he let his newly found fame and riches take him over. He only admitted white people into his dance teams, and refused to watch movies that starred with people of color. 

It came to the point where he drove a young girl to death. I saw it before my very eyes: Cecilia. She was an incredible dancer who wanted to audition for the NYU dance program when Timm was running it. However, Timm dismissed her out of hand. He told her she wasn't qualified and was an overrated minority that would go nowhere for her so called "talents." Cecilia was heartbroken. Dance was one of her intense passions, and she wasn't admitted into any colleges she liked. Cecilia killed herself.

He goes around and treats people like his slave. During our marriage, he talked to me like I was a servant, saying there was no question that what he wanted came before what I did. When I refused, he told me I was worthless and locked me out of the house. 

Can't we see that this man can't be defended? We can't be standing up for someone just because they're attractive or famous. Do the right thing.