p a r t 1 1 + e p i l o g u e

ALARIC SERAFINO

KEVIN PALLIS 

---

'Because I am not a man.'

'Huh? I don't get it.'

'It's like, I am a man, but I am a woman and-'

'You are gender fluid?'

'Is that what it is? I mean, I feel like a gender just won't cut me. I feel like, some sort of detachment to gender than anything else, and then I feel relatively more female or male in one moment or another.'

'Is it so?'

'Yeah. I don't feel like my body or presentation needs to match my identity at a given moment. Heck, I don't even feel like it really could. I just see the changing of my identity as another natural part of life.'

'Everything is natural, Alaric. It's just what you feel like that that is it. You are what you are and no one can take it away from you.'

'Yeah? Then why did my parents throw me out?'

'Because they are 16th-century old people who don't realize how important your identity is for you and-'

'You do realize that I am also a 16th-century old person? I am a vampire for Lord's sake!'

'Now that you say it, you make me feel stupid.'

'Fret not. Thank you for not judging me.'

'I will never, Alaric.'

'...'

'...'

'...'

'Are you blushing?'

'No...?'

'OH MY GOD! ALARIC, YOU ARE BLUSHING!'

'Shut your mouth, Pallis.'

'That's mean. I don't call you 'Serafino' all the time. I call you by your name. Why don't you do that too?'

'Because I feel like so. Why do you call me Alaric? I think I told you that you should refer to me as Al or Rick.'

'Because the combination of a vampire and an ace is special and your name makes it more special.'

'Aren't you a delight...'

'Damn right. I am a delight!'

---

The book is finished and I feel sad. I will definitely miss writing this book. Thank you all for reading this book. Please feel free to check out the other books :)

1. Pots and Pans (bxb) - 1st part of 'LGBTQ+ Dialogue Series'

2. Unloving Sebastian

3. The Runaway Couple

4. What Paulo Coelho wants you to do