Decision

"A truce?"

"That's right." Rin spoke as she picked up her cup of tea and took a sip. "If you still don't understand what's going on, I'll have to take you to the one who oversees the war."

"Overseer? There's someone who is in charge of the war?" Ryōta asked leaning a bit forward. "Yeah. It's actually the local priest. But as far as I know there is nothing holy about him. Ironically." She chuckled bitterly.

"So, he'll be the one to look for when things get complicated. I'll make sure sure to keep that in mind." Ryōta sheepishly smiled and rubbed a hand on the back of his head. "I know all this may be complicated, but trust me I was also on your shoes when I accidentally summoned Saber." Reassured Shirou.

"Which reminds me, how did you manage to summon a servant when you have no clue what's happening?" Rin asked as she looked at Berserker who was curiously exploring Shirou's kitchen.

Ryōta raised his eyebrows. "Oh, I didn't summon her. It was my grandmother." He answered. Rin and Shirou snapped their necks towards Ryōta. A flabbergasted look on their faces. "Ha?! No way!" Rin shouted, while Shirou shockingly looked back and forth between Ryōta and Berserker.

"B-But if your grandmother summoned her how did you get your command seals?!"

"Command seals? What are those?"

Rin sighed loudly while pinching the bridge of her nose. "You can't be serious. . ." Ryōta frowned. "Look, I didn't even know that there was a war going on. My grandma wanted me to take part in this I had no choice."

Suddenly, Berserker came into the leaving room after her curiosity was sated and looked at Ryōta. "Enough chit chatting. I am in need of mana." The trio looked at Berserker.

"Eh? but I--um, don't know any magic." Ryōta looked to the side, embarrassed. Rin's face proceeded to turn even more disappointed. "Tohsaka. . ." Shirou smiled awkwardly. Realizing that he as well didn't now how to supply mana to Saber. Berserker cocked a hip and put a hand on her waist.

"Ignorant fool. There are other ways to supply me with mana." She looked at Ryōta, a slight irritated look on her face. "In any case, we should head back. The old lady at your house is probably worried sick for you."

Ryōta's eyes widened in realization. "Crap! I totally forgot! She'll be mad that I didn't call her! Come on Berserker we gotta go!" He quickly stood up, already heading over to the entrance to put on his shoes.

"Be careful out there. Now that you know most of the details, other masters are probably looking for an easy target." Rin spoke as she and Shirou walked over to Ryōta and Berserker. "Got it. Oh and about what you said earlier, I accept." Ryōta looked at Rin and Shirou with a serious expression.

"Good. Then starting from now we're an alliance. We'll be counting on you." Shirou smiled. "We? Uh no. Just to clarify I still don't trust you Ryōta-kun." Rin crossed her arms and looked at Ryōta with an annoyed look on her face.

Ryōta smiled awkwardly and placed a hand on the back of his neck. "W-Well I guess it is to be expected." Saber looked from afar, her eyes fixed on Berserker. She didn't know what it was but she looked strangely familiar. It gave her an unpleasant feeling the longer she stared.

Sensing eyes on her, Berserker turned and looked at Saber. She glared at her, already knowing her presence was disliked by her. She turned back around and grabbed Ryōta's arm. "Come on, we're leaving." She spoke as she dragged him out the door. "I'll see you guys tomorrow for school!" Ryōta yelled and waved shortly.

As they exited the residence, Ryōta sighed heavily. "Something the matter?" Berserker asked. "It's just that so much is happening that it's quite difficult to take everything in." He said as be put a hand on the back of his tensed neck. "I see. Well you could go and see this 'Overseer' that pigtails was talking about." Berserker suggested.