twenty one

── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

March 7, 2020

The where do we go? world tour officially begins in two days, and Jess was excited. Last year didn't necessarily go as planned, due to her mental health struggles. Jess wanted this year to be better, she'd be joining Billie once again to preform their song and both girls couldn't wait to spend months together. 

Billie and her team would be arriving in Florida in a few hours. They were coming two days early because Billie wanted to spend time with Jessica's family, and they had to rehearse for the show. It was going to be an intense set up this time around and Billie couldn't wait for everyone to see what they'd been working on. 

"Mom, I just got a text from Billie. She said they'll be here in twenty minutes!" Jess says exitedly, barreling down the stairs. 

"Okay. You're sister should be here around the same time." Jessica's mom, Laura says. Jules had officially moved to New York around four months ago, she'd been dreaming about Broadway since she was little and she finally had a shot at it. 

"I can't wait to see her!" Jess tells her mother, who agrees with her. "Why don't you finish cleaning your room. I'm sure Billie will let you know when she gets here." Laura says, shooing her daughter out of the kitchen. Jess rolls her eyes, and rushes to her room. 

She'd been home for a little over a month, and while she was sad to leave her mom alone for a long period of time, Jess was also excited to get back on the road. They will be spending her birthday in New York, playing at Madison Square Garden (which was a major accomplishment) and Jess was planning on releasing music while they were touring. 

Things were changing. Normally that scared Jess, change made the girl nervous, but she was beginning to see the appeal. She was going to welcome the change, not be afraid of it. 

Jess was currently standing on her bed, re-stringing her lights that fell. She was so hyper focused on her task and The Office was blaring in the background so she didn't hear her phone go off. Billie texted her, letting her girlfriend know that they arrived but she never got a reply. 

"Jessica!" Billie says, aggressively swinging the girls bedroom door open, with Finneas trailing closely behind. All they hear is a screech and a thud. The screech coming from Jess's mouth and the thud coming from her butt hitting the ground. 

"What the hell?" She shouts, her nose scrunched up in pain. "That fucking hurt!" Is all Jess has to say to get Billie to rush over to her and help her girlfriend off the ground. 

"Are you okay?" Billie rushes out, quickly scanning Jessica's face to see the damage. "Yeah, I'm fine." Jess groans, "I missed you though." She says, slightly happier. 

Billie pulls her girlfriend in for a long and satisfying kiss, well until Finneas clears his throat rather loudly and very obnoxiously. 

"Did you forget I was literally standing right here? I don't need to see my sister and best friend have sex right in front of me?" He says uncomfortably.

 "Then leave." Billie tells him, a mix of sarcasm and mischief in her voice. This statement causes Jessica's cheeks to flush, making her slightly push Billie away.