Chapter Thirteen

Taehyung's POV

"You do realize what this means for you right?" An older man who I have no idea who he is, said to me.

I looked at him with a vacant expression which probably irked him.

"Once the sinners attack, you'll have to decide on which weighs more to you. Your kingdom or your so-called friend. It's a decision between your duty as a prince and your pledge to your best friend. I hope you make a wise choice," the old man lectured.

Why did everything turn out to be this messy? All I wanted was a quiet life and now here I am, faced with a crucial decision that can either save or ruin my kingdom. And I only have thirteen hours left to decide.

"Prince Taehyung is well aware of the circumstances we are in and I don't think constantly burdening him with facts is going to help him," Jungkook mercifully butted in. I looked at him gratefully. "I suggest you leave him for now and be with the others who are currently developing a plan."

With Jungkook's dismissal, the old man left but not until he let out an outraged groan to which I rolled my eyes to. When the man was thankfully gone in my sight, Jungkook automatically nestled with me and caged me in his arms. I sighed at the slight contentment I felt while being secured in his embrace.

"There's still no news about Jimin?" I asked, praying silently for a positive answer.

Jungkook let out a deep breath before he placed his chin on my shoulder. "I don't like disappointing you but sadly there's still no new information. It's like he vanished in thin air."

Fairy Ara and the rest of the heads of the Saints and Sinners Castle deployed a search mission to locate Jimin but not even his shadow was found. I guess the only opportunity I will have of convincing Jimin is during battle. Is there no way to stop the war? Can't there just be peace?

"Baby?" Jungkook called.

I hummed in response, my mind is still cluttered with a million things and none of it is good. If Jungkook wasn't here, I would have probably lost my mind already. He's my anchor at this moment, the one that keeps me rooted to sanity.

"Can I ask you a favor?" he asked in a hopeful tone, leaving gentle kisses on my exposed shoulder blades.

"Of course. Anything Kookie," I answered and turned to face him.

"I know you care so much about Jimin but..." Jungkook trailed, hesitation etched on his face. "...just for now, can we spend the remaining thirteen hours not worrying about him? Can it just be about us?"

My forehead creased while my eyebrows met as I stared right back at Jungkook's doe eyes.

"It's just that..." Jungkook let out another heavy breath. "...there's no guarantee if we can both get out from war alive and I don't want to die regretting that I have only spent so little time with you."

"Jungkook what are you talking about?!" I reacted, horrified with what he said. "Why are you thinking like that? Of course, you and I will survive!"

"It's a war baby," Jungkook said matter of factly. "Lives are lost during war and each one of us have the same chances of dying. There's no guarantee we'll make it."

Tears filled my eyes at what he said. Gosh! It's like I've made crying a hobby ever since I got here!

"Baby don't cry." Jungkook wiped my tears with his thumbs. "You don't have to cry."

I shook my head furiously, turning my face away from him. "You can't tell me that you're going to die and expect me to not cry! I can't lose you Jungkook. I just can't! I- I can't imagine a life without you anymore! You're t-the only one that keeps me going despite the shitty things happening in my life! I can't lose you, do you understand?!" I cried, pulling his collar and shaking him violently.