t e n

everyone couldn't be happier to get out of taehyung's steaming hot van the moment they arrived at their destination.

well, except jimin. he honestly didn't mind the heat as long as he was with namjoon.

namjoon held his dog's leash in one hand while holding onto his backpack with his other hand, jimin walking alongside him.

"where are we tae?" asked jimin as he glanced around the place.

it looked like they were in the middle of nowhere with trees surrounding the little house they were walking up to. there was a small lake beside it as well.

"this was where seokjin and i used to spend our summers. since it was hot, we'd come here to relax and enjoy swimming together without having to worry about the public pool's rules," said taehyung as he held onto yoongi's hand, the two of them walking ahead of everyone else.

jimin felt a slight pain inside of him at the mention of seokjin. he'd been doing well getting over the death of seokjin since it was his fault that seokjin died. it really helped him when he confessed to taehyung. it felt like the heavy weight was off his shoulders, but now that weight seemed to have come back as they were now visiting a place that seokjin used to visit.

"are there stores around here?" asked jungkook who was walking behind jimin along with hoseok, the two of them holding hands as well. "for you know, just in case we run out of cheeseballs."

taehyung chuckled. "trust me, we won't run out of cheeseballs. i brought too many that by the time we'll leave, we'll probably get tired of eating them, but there's other food as well," said taehyung as he noticed jimin's frown, but jimin wasn't frowning because of that.

he'd had to live with the guilt of seokjin's death, the guy that he loved, for the next three days, with the guy that he now has a crush on.

once inside, everyone crowded around the small living room while taehyung bit his bottom lip as he looked around. "the last time i was here, this place was bigger."

"that's because it was just you and your brother. now, it's you, me, your lovely boyfriend," yoongi winked. "and four other friends."

"we're going to have to share bedrooms then," taehyung winked back.

"i wouldn't mind," said yoongi as he wrapped his arms around taehyung. "we shared a bed even before you fell in love with me."

"i don't know what's too sweet, the melted chocolate or you two flirting," said jungkook as he made a sour face at his two friends who were flirting.

"bun, calm down, we'll be sharing a room together," said hoseok before pressing his lips to jungkook's chocolate covered ones.

"some of us are still single," namjoon spoke up as he gestured to himself and jimin.

"then just date already," said yoongi.

jimin's face was red as he glanced at namjoon from the corner of his eye who also happened to be blushing as well.

"let's just settle in our rooms," jimin nervously spoke, trying to change the conversation.

taehyung nodded as he led them down a small hallway. "there are three rooms. yoongi and i will be sharing one since we're obviously dating and hoseok and jungkook will be sharing one since hoseok already mentioned it and jungkook said he wanted to be with hoseok, so that leaves you two to share a room," said taehyung as he looked at jimin and namjoon.

jimin would have been ecstatic to share a room with namjoon, but with the thought that seokjin used to visit this place when he was still alive, jimin didn't know how to feel.

namjoon replied for the both of them, "it's fine, jimin said he wanted to get to know me better and i want to get to know him better as well."

as namjoon turned to open the door of his shared bedroom with jimin, taehyung smirked at jimin as he whispered a "you're welcome."

jimin weakly smiled as he entered his shared bedroom. as he glanced around, he noticed something.

there were a few picture frames hung up on the wall while a dresser took up about half the space in the small room and the bed-

there was only one bed.

reading his thoughts, namjoon spoke up. "we can share the bed, i don't mind. rapmon usually sleeps on the floor beside my bed, but sometimes he likes to crawl on my bed while i'm sleeping, so if you feel something at night, it's just him," namjoon assured with a smile.

jimin nodded as he set down his bag on the floor and sat on the edge of the bed. rapmon, who was now free from his leash, walked over to him and rested his head in jimin's lap.

jimin smiled softly while rubbing the dog's fur. namjoon smiled softly as well as he joined jimin, the two of them enjoying the small interaction with the dog.

"rapmon likes you a lot," namjoon said as he noticed the dog leaning into jimin's touch.

"i like him too. he's so cute," said jimin as his smile remained on his face.

namjoon's attention had turned to jimin and was now watching jimin with a fond smile. he reached out to gently touch the scratches on jimin's face, startling him.

jimin's hand on rapmon's fur froze as well as his body as namjoon was now softly caressing the side of his face.

"you brought the ointment right?" namjoon asked as he continued to caress jimin's face.

jimin slowly nodded, unable to form any words at the moment.

"can i help you put it on?"

without even giving it much thought, jimin picked up his bag from the ground before opening it up and rummaged through it before finding the ointment. he handed it to namjoon as he set his backpack back down and turned to him.

namjoon's soft smile remained on his lips as he unscrewed the lid and squeezed some ointment on the tip of his finger before he began to gently apply it on jimin's scratches.

as namjoon applied on the ointment, his eyes were focused on the scratches while jimin silently watched him. their faces were close enough that jimin could see the sides of namjoon's lips that were slightly curled up all while maintaining such a soft smile.

too distracted in his own thoughts about namjoon's lips and smile, jimin flinched one of the pictures hanging on the wall suddenly fell.

namjoon finished applying the ointment to the last of jimin's scratches before standing up to pick up the picture frame.

"aww look at little taehyung," he cooed. "and i'm assuming this is his brother seokjin."

jimin nervously swallowed. maybe he should have asked taehyung where they were going before coming on this trip.

being there, in a place where seokjin used to spend his time over the summer when he was alive was haunting jimin.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

the ointment scene reminds me of kitty when yoongi scratched taehyung's face and yoongi bought him the ointment and then offered to apply it on taehyung, but taehyung didn't let him and resulted in injuring yoongi. despite the similarities, there's still a clear difference between the two ships 💀