37

MADISON

     MY fingers dig into Kaiden's shoulders. His skin is slick with a fresh layer of sweat, matching my own. His hands grip my waist, helping to guide my body up and down to the rhythm of his liking. He looks concentrated, dedicated to the task at hand. His bottom lip is pulled between his teeth, his brown  focused on the area where our bodies connect.

I didn't plan for this to happen. I don't think he did either, but it did. I have no complaints now, not when he's hitting all the right spots and saying all the right things.

The room is dark, the only light comes in from the windows that overlook Seattle. This time feels different. Things are slow, not rushed. Kaiden took his time peeling my clothes away, kissing my skin, and making sure I was achieving the max amount of pleasure possible.

He presses a light kiss to my collarbone, gently sucking on the skin there. My hands tangle in his hair as my eyes flutter shut. My senses are heightened. From the way his hands are gripping me to the way his breath is fanning my neck, I'm at his mercy.

Lights groans and curses tumble out of our mouths. The way his body is grinding against mine is impeccable. They'll never be another man to satisfy me like Kaiden. Even if something would happen between, he's who I would compare all other men to. He sets the standard for me.

I can tell he's getting close by the way his fingers are digging into my waist and his thrusts are starting to become more frantic. I don't mind. He's already pushed me over the edge twice. Three must be his lucky number.

Right as Kaiden stills and lets out a throaty groan against my neck, ecstasy washes over me, submerging me. I slump against Kaiden, completely spent. His breath is the same as mine — ragged and panting. His hands lightly trace my back, causing chill bumps to form in his wake.

"Madison," His voice is low. I can feel his body tense up underneath me.

"What?" I pull away and look at him. His hair is stuck to his forehead due to the sweat that's accumulated there. I reach up and push it back.

His eyes find mine for a second, then he sighs. "I'm sorry for dragging you into this."

I trace the tattoo that adorns his rib cage. "Don't be sorry."

He grabs my hand and intertwines it with his own. "I am. If something would've happened to you, it would have been my fault and —"

I shake my head and cut him off. "Kaiden, you can't change the past. There's no sense in dwelling on it."

A smile plays on his lips and he chuckles. "The past? It was only an hour ago."

"An hour ago is in the past. We're living in the now. Me and you." I point a finger at his chest, then at mine.

"I know, baby." He sighs. I hate pet names, but for some reason when Kaiden says them, they make me tingle everywhere. He reaches up and runs his thumb over my bottom lip, tracing it lightly.

"Are you hungry?" I glance over at the clock on the nightstand. It's almost four in the morning. I know room service isn't an option and I'm not sure how Kaiden will feel about going out to get something.

"Are you?" He asks before pressing a gentle kiss on my lips.

"Kinda, but I don't think there's anything open." I frown.