Chapter Three

For my Indian readers , Aaya na Tu , I like this song really a lot.

Randhir's pov

I carried her in my arms, she was fragile and warm , I took her on the strecher to the hospital room the doctor won't let me enter in.

The doctor injected her with medicines and told that he wanted to meet me or any of her family member.

When I asked him what's wrong he only replied with she'll be okay soon.

He called me into his cabin,

"She's diagnosed with blood cancer , it's usually treatable in the second stage but she's already in the third stage , but still we can hope for the better recovery of her with medicines and a proper treatment, don't worry gentleman , your wife will be better soon" The doctor said consoling me.

"She's not my wife." I said rage clear in my voice.

"Then who is she?" he asked further.

"Is there a relationship required to define why do I want to help her?" I asked.

"No , but I need to fill in the form" the doctor said.

"I am her ...uh...boss" I said with a sigh.

The doctor didn't seem convinced but nodded nevertheless.

I walked into her room , saw her sleeping peacefully , dark circles evident on her dull face.

She slowly opened her eyes and looked at me with confusion.

"What happened?" she asked her voice soft yet anxious.

"You fainted." I replied , I didn't want to tell her about her illness I don't know why she was nothing to me but I believed it'll be better as a secret.

" I fainted? Oh my God , when and how? I have to go , I need to leave, I won't get paid otherwise." she said anxiety in her voice.

"You can't leave, you are coming with me" I said.

"But why?" she asked calming down slowly.

"Because I filled you in as my secretary." I replied. , "and dont worry
about the money, you are my responsibility and you will get paid for the time you are with me. " I added further.

"What do you mean, you want me to slave , you as a mistress?" she said, breaking into tears.

"Shut the fuck up!" I shouted, "you ain't no mistress of mine. "

"At least, that's what people will think."

" I don't give a fuck what people will think, the crowd's thought process is temporary , it changes with time, and plus that so called trash spitting crowd didn't come ahead to help you, I did , so respect me!" I said my voice loud and clear.

She bit her bottom lip , thinking to herself now.

"Can you, please transfer money to my father instead of me?" she said her voice shrill and low.

"Alright" I replied keeping the conversation short.

Sonali's pov

Money is all I wanted to earn to get a financial stability in life. This man right here is willing to pay me, should I grab onto the opportunity, maybe I should, maybe it's better to go on with the first instinct anyways, even if I overthink over his offer I will have the whorehouse in front of me, where I don't want to go.

I nodded and said yes to his offer, what can go bad, nothing or maybe everything.

Sometimes trusting a stranger is far more better than trusting ourselves.

He agreed to pay my father for my stay and I was okay with that, no matter how much my father has changed, he's still my father, my mother's husband.

My body still felt weak and I dozed off to sleep.

Randhir's pov

I was not sure of how to take care of a stranger but maybe I will just let those moments flow, sometimes we have no control over the future, and no other choice than to look at the present situation.

For now I had a stranger on the hospital bed suffering from cancer, helping someone in trouble, will make me more of a human, maybe.

I wanted to help her out but I don't know how. I have never been the best of me to anyone, I have shared my space with anyone, except Mandira.

She had dozed off to narcotic effect of the medicines.

I took her to my house, and laid her softly in the guestroom.

I ordered the servant to get her a soup and a salad, healthy diet will help to cure her soon. I ordered him and left for the office.

Sonali's pov

The rays of the sun shined over my face I opened my eyes to the blue curtains and a soft mattress.

Whose house is this? I wondered to myself I couldn't remember much.

A middle aged woman came into the room with soup in the her tray, the aroma of the soup filled my nostrils, making my stomach growl.

"Where am I? " I asked, the lady looked at me with a polite smile

"This is Randhir's house" she handed me the soup.

"His name is Randhir? " I asked.

"Yes" she looked at me questioningly.

I had the soup, feeling full, I was slowly getting bored in these four walls, therefore I started to journey through his mansion.

It contained photographs of him smiling, giggling with a lady who wore a beautiful smile ,  it got me thinking that a person who appears so cold hearted has such a smile , maybe the ones who suffer the most pain cover it up with a much more brighter smile to hide the darkness behind.

This mansion was huge, each wall covered with memories, shadowed with blue curtains, glass windows letting fresh rays of hope enter in.

I entered another room, which was much more bigger than the previous one, much more organised, neat and tidy, it had a joint bathroom much more cleaner and hygienic than the whore house.

Even though the house is locked, I am all alone, but it doesn't feel lonely, there is another sort of freedom in this house, I feel free and calm, I could finally breathe..

A bit shorter chapter I am sorry but I am promise quicker updates from now on, thank you for over 200 reads