6. Pancakes?

I rushed to the car. It was broken and on fire after the collision. "Please, please, don't be late," I murmured, encouraging myself to run faster. Some fucking opportunity of a sponsor wasn't the first thing that ran through my mind, only the safety of my fellow racer. "King!" He was still in the car! As I stopped at the car, I took a deep breath, only for smoke to fill my lungs. King looked okay, with just a few scratches and bruises.

"Didn't you want to win?" I shook my head, helped him stand and walked him to my car. "The trophy is just a thing~" I stopped and looked back at another wreck. Wait... That's not how it went. "Oh no." The body from my shoulder disappeared, filling me with dread. The new crashed car was a Formula and the man inside it... I ran again. I was fast, my feet were barely touching the ground, yet I wasn't getting any closer. "Francesco!" I yelled and looked at the unconscious man. Finally, I was close enough to reach him, to save him and get him out. The explosion was faster than me, tearing everything to shreds.

I woke up with my heart beating fast, cold sweat running down my body, and vomit in my mouth. I quickly ran to the toilet and threw up, leaving myself breathless and crying.

What was that about?! I'm used to having weird dreams or dreaming about memories, but this was... What the fuck is going on? I looked at the time and sighed. "Five minutes to alarm. That's good." I stood up and went to brush my teeth.

After my hygiene, I went to Flo's, where I sat and waited for Francesco. "G' mornin'!" I looked at Flo and smiled. "Good morning to you too. I would love to have two cups of your coffee and two plates filled with pancakes."She took my order with that gentle smile, leaving me shortly after.

In newfound loneliness, I started to think about the dream. Maybe it was a warning? But for what? The race? Something with Francesco?

"Lightning! You looked puzzled, or is Lightning considering surrendering?" I smiled. That weird dream might have been caused by the fact, that he didn't take me up on my offer yesterday. That sounds even more creepy and weird. Congrats, Lightning.

"As always, you're a pain in my ass. But no, I was thinking about my three wishes." He sat with a smile on the otherwise of the table. Flo came with a plate and gave us our meals. "Pancakes?" He asked, and I put one in my mouth. "I like them. You can still order something else," I said, sipping my dark coffee with a satisfied smile. The memory of my morning toilet hugging washed away with every sip. "No, that's~ Francesco~" He stopped and frowned. Did I really make Francesco shut up? Did Francesco really have nothing to say? This day was going to be great. "Well, you wanna race today? I can lend you one of my cars." He looked up from his food and frowned again. Unusual behaviour.

"Is everything okay?" It slipped me. I wasn't worrying about him, maybe... I mean... Okay, I was a little worried about him. He hadn't his "funny" comments nor his everlasting smirk. "Francesco... I..." He put his head next to the pancakes on the table. I stood up to sit next to him and pet his back. "It's okay if we won't race today." He looked at me with a troubled expression. I was trying to see in his dark eyes what was wrong, but I couldn't find anything. "I~ Will you laugh at Francesco if he tells you he had... A weird dream about you?" My eyes widened, and my head turned slightly to one side. "It depends, weird in what way? Because I had a nightmare of you~" I remembered the explosion. "having a car crash." He straightened and looked into my eyes. "That's bad too, but my dream was weird in a different way." My hand on his back stopped, and I pulled it away. I wanted to put it back as soon as I pulled it away. Am I going insane? "Do you wanna talk about it?" His eyes drifted to Flo, who was reading her daily news. "I mean in the privacy of my very own car." I winked at him to lighten the mood, only making Francesco frown more. Was this about yesterday? I mean, I did fuck up.

"Francesco would like that privacy," mumbled the taller. Fuck. I reached my hand and pinched his cheek with a smirk. "Of course, darlin'! Let's get those nice cheeks movin'!" I grinned while dramatically standing up and bowing to Francesco. "Follow me!"