Fragments of the past

There, behind the hefty book shelve was the secret door, how didn't she notice it before, after hours of searching still with her disturbing gown, if not that it was cracked opened she wouldn't have noticed but why was it even cracked open? Was it intentional? Was the person in there waiting for her? Too late to start questioning or even to contemplate, Ulanni was already walking down the stairs. It was so dark, with just one dim light on. Arriving at the end of the stairs, she saw another large door waiting for her to open, she hesitated a little bit but then opened the door. She could see a large beautiful room but somehow looked like a library cause it was filled with different types of book and of course it shelves.

"You finally made it" she could hear an old husky voice behind her.

"Who are you? I'm supposed to meet Alex father...."
She then paused for a second observing the oldest man she has ever seen then with a breaking voice she added
"What happened to you?"

**
They finally settled down near the chimney, Ulanni was drinking warm tea and covered with a big brown blanket. She observed the man carefully, everything he did, every movement he made felt like he was about to die anytime soon she was still surprised the man could still walk, slow, but could still walk.

"You are not an ordinary man right?" She asked as he slowly sat down on his armed chair leaving a squeaky noice behind.

"I'm from the angel race" he simply answered deeply looking into the fire.

"You knew I would come to your house, that's why human mum didn't really find it strange even with Alex lame excuses, she just accepted me so easily, I found it strange at first but I didn't later bother, but why didn't you stop me?"

"Cause I didn't know wether you are here for good or bad" he answered still lost in the fire then looked at her.
"I never wanted my son to be like me, I wanted him to be more human to fully take the genes of his mother but failed, I don't know if Daisy have powers yet but I really pray not. You know, I was a great warrior then, the greatest of all the kingdom and already set to be the one to carry the light of the kingdom to protect us all but little did I know that my best friend had plans on his own to betray me and take the kingdom away from me. I left Britannia to come here on earth since my people rejected me" With a sigh he added "and that's how I met humans, I loved the way they did things even without the help of powers but still able to accomplish great things with their little hands, revenge didn't bother me anymore, I planned on staying here with the humans and with the wonderful young girl that helped and gave me shelter and that's how I fell in love."

"Something doesn't add up, why are you in this state? and what's your name? come to think of it I don't even know your wife's name" she asked trying to get rid of all the questions popping in her head at once.

"I'm Michael and her name is Samantha Smith" he replied laughing a little bit
"She prefer when we all call her Mrs Smith so she won't remember the way I called her precious name, she was young and innocent and agreed to follow a stranger like me because of love" then he stood up and walked around, Ulanni stood following him
"Years later things went well, I even had Alex by that time, we were so happy together, until my long lost friend from the goddess race came to tell me that she has gotten the revenge i wanted and that my friend was banished from the kingdom with all his powers taken away from him, it was a pleasant news to hear but.... it didn't matter anymore I wanted to stay here with the humans, I was ready to give up my powers and just be like them, to cut the long story short it led to series of argument and disagreement as expected and with anger cursed me with a for forbidden spell.

"How did she curse you and why? She's not even from the angel race" Ulanni asked looking perplexed

"She's not like the others, she's a half breed, her father committed my mistake, the first day I met her I found her in the woods one time lost and then I decided to take her with me." He answered slowly bringing a big book out
"Since I'm no longer the carrier, she said she will give it to my son, I didn't believe her until that night when he saved kelvin that's when I knew he had powers and also when my curse activated"

"She's a bitch!" Ulanni shouted sitting down
"Why did she have to curse you for something you didn't want to do? was it because of jealousy because I'm sure she had feelings for you"

"Yes, part of that is true" he replied with a faint smile
"But she knew I couldn't reciprocate the feelings she had for me" and with a sigh he added "as months and years goes by I keep on aging, till I finally meet my death, I don't have enough time left"

"I know all these revolves in me helping you, but I'm all for it, I might be a demon but I have a heart"

"I know you will soon take Alex away to complete your mission, all I want you to do is find that young goddess and lift the curse" then he held her hands warmly "I know you think that I'm aware of what you really want but one thing I know for sure is that at the same time it will help my son."

**
They talked a lot not knowing it was already four in the morning, when she left the room she immediately saw Daisy half sleeping on the floor

"Hey daisy wake up, what are you doing here?" She bent down and asked gently waking the young girl up

"I know you've seen daddy" she replied with a smile
"I knew you would find him"

"He said I should give you this" she gave her a red ruby necklace and then put it on for her
"He still loves you" she whispered

"I know" Daisy mumbled breaking down in tears
"He told me he will buy me a ruby necklace after my first violin competition but he never had the chance to.
"I will wait for him and tell him that I still love him"

"He knows, your dad knows" Ulanni said gently hugging her.

"What's happening here?" They could here a bass voice from behind, it was Alex and he too deserves an explanation.

******
"Woah, I wasn't surprised by the fact that he was in there hiding but old like c'mon" Alex said to Ulanni as they were already in class during the short break

"Believe me or not but I've passed my message" she said as she was busy drawing on her desk.

"Ulanni it's time" Daniel muttered approaching her slowly then gently grabbed her hand.

"And what do you think you are doing Daniel Jones" Alex harshly removed his hand away and as always caught the attention of the students

"Alex it's fine, remember what we agreed on" Ulanni said, gently packing her things

"Are you guys a thing now" Kimberly asked slowly approaching them

"Why must there be a drama anytime I talk to you mi amor?" Daniel teased helping her with her things
"Us being a thing or not, it's really none of you guys business" and then added "she's staying with me tonight

"OMG! they really are a thing" Kimberly couldn't believe it, some where not really surprised

"We are not a thing Daniel stop speaking in riddles will you" Ulanni said as she firmly held her bag
"I would be back tomorrow" then left and as always with no further explanations. Alex was about to stop her but then Daniel pushed him back and whispered into his ear "if you don't put your ass down, I will tell everyone that you and Ulanni are sleeping under the same roof, what will they think about her when she's not even your cousin, think about that man" Alex could feel goosebumps forming and with his fist clenched so hard, he knew he couldn't do anything but just let them go. For now.

Hey people!!!
Hope you liked this new chapter
I know I didn't update yesterday
I'm sorry!! 🖤
Don't forget to vote!!!!
Bye, And the guy by the side>>>is Daniel
Fits right?