Besties Day Out

I woke up, and realized it was Saturday. I quickly grabbed my phone and texted Clint.

Nat: Besties day out?
Clint: Hell yeah! Meet u outside in 5.
Nat: make it 2.

I quickly got dressed, putting on black jeans, a red shirt, and my black leather jacket and bomber sunglasses, and tie my hair up into a top bun. I quickly go downstairs, and as we're about to leave, Uncle Nick stops us. "No. You guys have training." "But Uncle Fury!!!! It's Saturdayyyyyyyyy." I pout. "And I don't care. Training. Go." A grab Clint's hand, and we make a mad dash to his car. We quickly jump in and shoot out of the school, not bothering to look back.

After stopping at Chick-fil-A for breakfast, we decide to go to Target and raid the candy aisle. As we pull in, I notice Tony's car in the parking lot, and see him waiting for us inside. "Go go go!" Clint drives out of the parking lot, and we go to Walmart instead.

As we were trying to find the candy aisle, I see James wall in. "Clint, WS on your 5 o'clock." I whisper through the comms we put in. "CS on your 1 o'clock." I turn to see Steve looking for us. "Hoods and hats." We quickly pull on our hats, with our hoods on over them. We grab the candy we want, and leave without them seeing us, I think.

We quickly drive to MoMA, and go inside. We walk towards the middle of a tour group, and stay hidden with them. While walking, I wire my comm into the other's. Their conversation floods my ears. "Does anyone have eyes on the bird and spider?" "No, they left the parking lot after they saw me." "Didn't see them in Walmart either." "Wait! Guys I think I see them in MoMA. They're in the middle of a tour group." I silently curse, and grab Clint's arm as I begin running out.

As soon as we get into the car, we speed off. "What happened?" I turn off my comm. "I connected my comm to theirs. They saw us in MoMA." "Smart move. Where to next?" I smile. "Remember my house? And the Target right next to it?" He smiled, and takes off in that direction.

As we drive, we eat all of our candy, which is a buttload of pixie stix. I quickly feel the sugar rush into my system. I look at Clint, and start bouncing in my seat, as he does the same. As soon as we pull in to Target, we run to the candy aisle, grabbing everything.

As we make our way to check out, I turn my comm on. "I think they went into the Target right there, guys." "Copy." I turn to see Clint look at me and nod. We run, and hide in plain sight. I grab my blonde wig and mask, while Clint grabs his mask. We activate them, and I put on the wig. We don't look anything like ourselves. We calmly walk to check out, as I activate Sugar Crash protocol on my widows bites computer screen. It sends a car to my direction. We check out, and leave, walking right past James, Tony, Steve, Bruce, Thor, and Pepper. Pepper looks right at me and smiles, before putting a finger to her lips. I smile back, and copy the motion.

Pepper was always helping me whenever I sneak out. As we walk out, I see James suddenly stop and turn towards me. I pretend to sort through my purse, like I'm looking for something. "Nat. Come here." I look up, pretending to be confused. "Excuse me? I'm not Nat. My name is Elizabeth." He looks at me skeptically. "Okay, Elizabeth. Who's your friend?" I smile. "This is my brother, Jackson." "Last name?" "Warmington." He nods. "Where do you go to school?" I remember the name of the school we hid in at MoMA. "Midtown High." With that, I turned and left.

But not before James can knock off my wig and mask. "Shit!" I run, seeing that Clint already has the car running. I jump in, and he floors it. We drive away, back to the school since we have a secret entrance. We park before anyone can see us, and go around back. We start climbing the tree to my room, and get in, seeing Pepper sitting on her bed. "Hologram with the boys?" She nods. "What candy did you guys get?" "Pixie Stixs from Walmart, and everything from Target." We dig in, while Pepper calls Little Caeser's and orders some pizza to be delivered at our window.

After the pizza arrives, we eat and chill in our room. I put the comm back in, and start laughing. "Where did they go?!" "What the hell?!" "This is why we came up with training!!!" I turn off the comm, and the three of us pass out. Best. Besties Day Out. Ever.