Chapter 1 - Soul Cry

Harry sighed bitterly as he sat in one of the abandoned boys toilets of Hogwarts. Tears stung his eyes and he angrily rubbed them away with his sleeve. Sometimes his life really sucked. Crazy things always happened to him , no matter how hard he tried to keep his head low and be normal , trouble always followed him. Even in a world of wizards Harry was a freak. At least that's how he felt. He was used to people staring at him every where he went , his lightning bolt scar attracting hordes of attention and fame that Harry wanted nothing more than to forget. The painful reminder that his parents were killed. However now his scar wasn't the only reason he was attracting stares...but these stares were even worse. A mixture of either disgusted glances or hungry gazes. See , Harry had just presented as a rare Male Omega. The world really was against him. He'd dealt with a psycho teacher that had the spirit of his parents murderer hidden in the back of their head , fought giant snakes and spiders and the memory of his parents murderer , found out the escaped murderer trying to kill him was actually his wrongly accused god father , found out his teacher was a werewolf and his best friends pet rat was actually the man who sold out his parents to Lord Voldemort , been entered into a tournament he hadn't wanted to be in , fought a dragon , nearly drowned , and then was transported to a grave yard were he watched a friend die before his eyes and watched Voldemort be reborn , now in his fifth year no one believed he was telling the truth about Voldemort , he had a pink toad for a D.A.D.A teacher , who believed teaching them to defend theirselves practically was useless and to top it all off , he'd just presented as a rare male omega. He'd only been at Hogwarts for two days and things were already going south. It didn't help that he was still battered and bruised from the Dursley's. Another hellish summer that had resulted in him earning more injuries than he probably received from Hogwarts. He was thankful that he'd been able to cast glamours since he was young or Madame Pomfrey would of discovered his big secret by now. He hadn't understood at the time , he'd just wish the owies would disappear and they did , unfortunately the pain didn't. Now Harry knew its was a glamour charm which hid certain things about someone's appearance that they wished were concealed. Alas the glamour charm couldn't hide he was Omega. Not to mention his least favourite teacher was making things worse for him. Snape had already given him and Ron a detention. It hadn't even been their fault , a slytherin behind them dropped extra pixie wings into their potion and made it explode but they were the ones who got in trouble , they'd spent the rest of the evening scrubbing cauldrons. He could still remember Malfoy snickering in the background. His bitter mood from that evening had carried over to today , especially since Malfoy was hell bent on pestering him , the prat always picked the worst times to annoy him , it was like the blonde had a built in sensor that let him know when Harry was in a foul mood. "Oi scar head~ how'd you and Weasley like detention~" he lilted , his voice airy with superiority. "Shove off Malfoy. I'm not in the mood to deal with you , and if I tell Hermione she might decide to punch you again. Wouldn't want a crooked nose would you?" He threatened trying to fill his tone with venom but it was lacking. For some reason since the ravenette had presented as an Omega , the stupid blonde prat's scent had been effecting him. He found most of the Alpha's scents disgusting. But he loved Draco's scent. Frosted pine with a hint of peppermint. It reminded him of an early winter morning , with a blanket of snow covering the trees and Robins chirping. He could just imagine curling up near a fire watching the scene from the window, he quickly shook his head ridding himself of his daydream as he glared at Malfoy who was rolling his eyes dismissively. "I'm not scared of Granger." He hissed before continuing , not giving Harry time to contradict him. "Now listen here Pottah. Keep your nose out of Everyone's business this year. Some of us actually want a normal year without bloody saint Pottah causing a scene." He growled next to Harry's ear , Harry didn't even remember Draco pinning him against the wall. Harry gulped nervously and tried his best to give Draco a defiant look. "You think I want crazy things happening to me? I'd like a normal school year for once as well!" He yelled back , he cursed when he felt hot tears well up in his eyes , he cursed Merlin for being made an Omega. He saw something akin to a smirk grace Draco's features. The blonde's Alpha fangs glinted in the candle light. "Scared Pottah~" he teased. Harry fought his tears down and willed his voice to work. "You wish..." he answered bitterly before shoving past Malfoy and making a beeline for the great Hall. He could feel the alpha's silver eyes boring into his back as he took safety in the sea of people. He sat down at the Griffindor table with a huff. "You okay mate?" Ron asked his mouth full of mashed potatoes. Hermione smacked his arm and scolded him for bad table matters. Harry put his chin in his hands and sighed. "Malfoy was being a git again that's all...nothing new really." He shrugged as he placed some hunters chicken on his plate. "Just ignore him." Ron said ruffling his hair and releasing some calming pheromones. Ron's scent was one of the only other Alpha scents that Harry didn't find nauseating. The apple and cedar wood scent was relaxing. He smiled weakly and leaned his head on Ron's shoulder as he picked at his food. He didn't eat much , he never did. Hermione always scolded him for his bad eating habits but it made no difference. He felt a sharp glare and looked up to meet the gaze of none other than Draco Malfoy. He was glaring with such definite anger that Harry actually felt a little scared. But he quickly hid it and glared back sharply. He could already tell that this was going to be a long year. He rubbed his bruised arms trying to ease the ache that gripped his whole body. Why couldn't he just have a normal life?