Let Us Start The Game

He was departing Tatooin Station.

The doors automatically closed and the train began to move with a quiet thudding over the tracks. The early noon shine gleamed on the windows. The train cart was almost empty with only him and a few other people. He glanced left and right. The hazy light caught his attention, tilting his head slightly.

It was a couple off in the corner showing public displays of affection. She had a punk aesthetic with a guitar in its case slung across her back. He had headphones around his neck and gave off a static vibe. Both of them smiling at each other.

He glanced away from the couple to stare down at his lap and fists, thinking about how genuine they were.

Buzz, buzz. It was his phone, he reached into his pocket and pulled it out, looking at the text.

Today's the day, huh?

Yeah.

Still, it feels like you got the bad ending in a video game.

I needed a new beginning.

At least we finished our baby together! Enjoy it!

He left a normal reply finishing the conversation, putting his phone away. He glanced at the window across from him, staring at the slowly changing setting. He was leaving his small home town of Musutafu.

He had been riding the train for a few hours.

The closer he got to his destination the more crowded the passenger car got. He eventually gave up his seat for an elderly lady. As he stood he was shoved into the middle by the wave of people. He didn't mind but he couldn't get a good view out of any window, not able to see the new city he was entering.

Now arriving in Station Square.

He could hear his stop announced over the intercom. He politely forced his way through the doors. He stepped out onto the platform with a sigh, glad he had his personal space back. He glanced around, he was in the underground terminals of the subway system. The crowd of people seemed to be everywhere, he honestly didn't know where to go but assumed up was always a good option, stepping into some escalators, following the group of people that were seemingly leaving the subway.

He squinted at the first glare of natural light peeking through an entrance/exit. The group of people slowly dispersed as they reached outside, all of them going their own way. His eyes widened as he stepped into the city square.

"Wow..."

There they where. The masses. All of them going through the motions of life. Yet there was something distorted about the chaotic order. The sun was cast over everyone, hiding their faces in light. The skyscrapers engulfed them, casting shadows around the station square, always attempting to hide the natural sky. He actually took a step back being overwhelmed.

'This city is more intricate than I could have ever imagined... It's a metropolis behemoth!'

There were built pathways connected among the buildings and he even saw people walking on them as if above was another city within the sky. There were also interconnected cables carrying trolleys for even more accessibility in the high altitude, creating a network of aerial tramways looking as if cars were flying in the sky. But then he noticed that there was no air traffic or structure directly above station square, the only space where the sky was completely visible.