Full moon

The weekend passed and it was now Monday, the day of the full moon. Cleo was worried because she didn't want Dylan to find out their plan.

"Lewis, today there's a full moon and I'm going to Mako. We must make sure that Dylan is asleep before I leave the house. We don't want him asking any questions." she said to Lewis.

"Yes, I remember. Don't worry, we've got this." he replied.

Cleo agreed and she went to wake up Dylan so he could get ready for school. On her way to his room, she saw him in the kitchen eating breakfast.

"That's strange, what are you doing here?" Cleo said surprised.

"I woke up early, I'm excited for school." Dylan said.

"Said no kid ever!" Cleo whispered under her breath.

"You never know what interesting thing you will learn. Anyway, i should go, I'm going to walk to school today." he told her and then he stood up to leave.

"Oh okay... be careful!" she shouted hoping he would hear her, while he was closing the door.

***************************

Dylan was on his way to school, when he saw Hayley walking as well.

"Hey Hayls! How are you?" he asked her.

"I'm super excited! I barely slept over the weekend. We should go back to Mako as soon as possible!" Hayley said.

"Do you think we should tell Alex? He's the best at sneaking out. Plus he is our friend, we can't keep it a secret from him." Dylan wanted to see her perspective.

"Hmm...maybe. I mean, after all the worst thing that can happen is him laughing at us." she replied and so they agreed to tell him everything.

When they arrived at school they saw Alex and they headed towards him. He waved at them and asked "Hey guys! Where have you been all weekend?"

"Dude, we went to Mako to explore and it turns out that mermaids might be real after all!" Hayley replied.

"Wait, what? What are you talking about, mate?" Alex continued asking because he was confused.

"I borrowed that book about Mako. It was talking about the main power source of mermaids, the moon pool. I saw it with my own eyes!" Hayley told him what happened.

"Moon pool? As in a pool on the moon?" Alex was still confused.

"What? No! It's a pool inside the Mako volcano. I know it sounds unreal but I saw it!" Hayley explained.

"Then why is it called moon pool? What does it have to do with the moon?" Alex tried to understand the meaning of the pool.

"We don't know yet. That's why we need to go back there and learn more, but our parents won't let us. Can you help us?" Dylan said.

"I'll see what I can do." Alex told them and then the bell rang so the kids went to class.

***************************