9. 🐺 Friday Night Lights

A few days later, it was finally Friday, which meant it was the very first football game of the season, and the town was extremely excited about it. In our town, called Broken Arrow, football is important, especially in the community. Our town likes to go full-blown with decorations, parties with bonfires, many types of fundraisers to help raise money by helping anyone in town who needs help, and many other things. Our high school is named Broken Arrow High School, and our mascot just happens to be the Warriors, which, honestly, I have no idea why, but I am guessing it must have something to do with our town's name or something that has to do with the town's history.

In the town, everyone is close together, so if someone needs help paying for some food or even clothing, someone in the town will step up to pay. Our football team is one of the best teams in the county if you count high school football, and they are well known too. Our football and cheerleading teams have been back-to-back champions for about ten years now, which is a huge commitment for our town because, before winning the first championship, we were one of the unknown towns. Anyway, it is cool to be known as one of the best and most diligent sports teams in the country. I cannot wait for the first game of the season; the cheerleaders get to show off the new cheers, and the football players can show off the new plays.

My mother and aunt are serious about going all out, especially for team spirit. In the morning of the football game, I am talking about red-dyed chocolate chip pancakes and waffles and tons of bacon and sausage that will make you have a heart attack, but it is game fuel. They tend to dye the milk red, which looks creepy like a cup of blood that vampires drink or like a fruit punch that is used for the kids' drink that we used at our Halloween party. My mother and Aunt Karen have the cheesiest ideas for spirit week, like swap gender days, swap sports days, and color days, which are for each grade to wear a certain color, and many other things that their crazy minds produce too. Although some of their ideas are fun, like making a bet with the football guys in a random game like a scavenger hunt,

Anyways, this is the first game that Hazel gets to cheer for us, and everyone is extremely excited about her being with Kaylie and me on the sidelines of the football game.

I woke up and went down to the kitchen to eat breakfast while holding Hazel in my arms because she was too tired to walk down the stairs. Mom took her out of my arms and placed her in her chair at the long table that is in the kitchen. As soon as my mom put Hazel in her chair, she immediately went back to sleep until she heard the magic word that every morning person likes to hear in the morning, and that word is...

"Coffee?" "Mom," holding out a coffee cup after pouring some into it for me.

"Did someone say coffee?" Hazel was jolted from sleep and almost fell off the chair. For some weird reason, she loves coffee, but we tricked her with hot chocolate instead of coffee because she is too young for coffee.

"Yes, I did, darling. "Would you like some whipped cream on yours??" Mom asked while getting her a cup.

"Yes, please, and double on the whip." I have my very first game tonight with Charlie and Kaylie. "I need all the sugar and caffeine I can get today; I need to be wide awake this time and not fall asleep like at cheerleading summer camp," Hazel said while yawning and putting strawberries on her toast with a plastic knife.

"Oh, don't worry, you will do fine," I said while grabbing the plastic knife from her hands.

"Hey, I was making my toast like a big girl," Hazel yelled while trying to kick me under the table.

"Sweetie, please do not yell; it is early in the morning," Mom said while finishing packing Hazel's bookbag and cheerleading bag.

"Whoa, that is a lot of whipped cream for your coffee, Hazel. Moms, are you sure you packed my football cup for tonight's game?" "Come on," Colton said while checking his football bag with Troy and Hunter.