Chapter 2 | The Major Rule

“That Taehyun guy probably just got dumped”

           The sound of brewing machine stopped and Seunghoon carefully pours the coffee on a large paper cup for Mino. “It’s possible… but hearing how he hates them, I can’t see anyone he could have been courting”

           The two were catching up to chat about how Mino’s first day was – not everything though, due to the short time they can chat for seunghoon is working, only the highlights. “But why is everyone saying the Red Velvet is evil?”

           “I don’t know”

           “Do they look evil?”

           “Nope. They’re actually pretty…” Mino says monotonously waiting for his drink to get done.

           Seunghoon wore a huge smile, halting his work. “Do you have a picture?”

           “Why would I?”

           “Weh” the friend cries in distrust, he pulls Mino’s uniform coat and reaches for his pockets, searching for where his phone at. “Where is it!?”

           “YA! I said I don’t have their picture!----“

           “Liar!”

           “You’re fcking silly, you know that?”

           “And you’re fcking selfish!”

           The two wrestled with each other, pulling the garment back and forth his body.

           “YA!!! Is this a place for you to play!?!” They both froze and stood up normally from that loud notice. The manager was standing by the doorway of her office, giving them an intense and threatening glare.

           Seunghoon releases his hand off Mino’s uniform, to which the other immediately tried to straighten the tiny crumples with his hands.

           “Oy Lee Seunghoon, do your job well understand? Or else I’ll take you back to Bom” The manager tells him before she goes back inside her fortress.

           Mino snickers that his friend got scolded and it earned him a towel being thrown hardly on his face. “Ahbwoya~ Didn’t you hear what Madaam Chaerin said? Do your job well!”

           “Aish… why do I have to cover your shift!”

           “Just for today… I have an orientation today”

           “Orientation… Orientation” Seunghoon mumbled, making sour expressions.

           Mino has been working part time on this café since highschool while Seunghoon used to work on a nramen shop, but he switch jobs as soon as he heard there’s an opening even only knowing how to cook noodles. He badly begged to be accepted just to get away from Bom.

           Bom is their senior in highschool, also a childhood friend of Seunghoon. Seunghoon may be a tough man, but he suddenly turns under around Bom. There are times that he can make her fluster with jokes but most of the time he just can’t win against her.

           “So what did Dana say? Did you tell her that you met her precious idols?”

       “Ugh Yes….” Mino shakes his head remembering how loud in screams and joy his younger sister was when he announced it over dinner. “She was jumping crazy last night”    

           “Lol--- maybe they’re really are a hot stuff”

           Mino raises his shoulder “Maybe… I haven’t seen the leader yet though--- oh crap” his eyes landed on his watch while getting his drink. “Shit! I’ll be late!”