Chapter 4 | The Queen

“Sorry, maam… but she’s really not here”

         “Ahhh… It’s okay. Just get back in the city soon before Madaam knows about it”

          “Yes, Maam Joohyun”

          Irene brings down her hand and phone after that brief call from one of servants, then stares at the notebook resting on her table, scanning the list of places that was written in there. With the report she received, she picks up her pen and scratches the location named Mokpo Valley with bold strokes.

          Looking at the list now, she has found how she’s already nearing to reach the bottom of it.

          There’s only 3 places left. What if she isn’t in these places? She breathes heavily.

          The door opened and so were the lights of their room. “Oh Irene, what are you doing in the dark?” a pair of elite students asks after spotting her in the corner – where her desk at. But she didn’t respond, rather she just looks at them coldly. She closes her notebook, stood up and left the room without making any sounds.

          “Dear God, is it us who’s invisible or is she the ghost? Seriously what’s up with her?” Tao, the Olympics high-jump representative says.

          “Don’t mind her, she’s obviously in a bad mood” Kris, son of the person who own the biggest malls in Korea. “Let’s just be worried for whoever comes across her”

          Tao chuckles. “Ah indeed. Poor kid”

          Irene is usually seen separated from the three, for she’s the only Red Velvet who got no clubs/side activities to attend to, all she does on her free time is read their company’s contracts and possible projects and study them. What do you expect from the only heiress of their big corporation really?

          She sits down in the open benches by the soccer field because from their she can see the beautiful downtown skyline that’s behind those schools walls. (The school is on an uphill mountain)

          Those elite boys with such EXOtic look and style were right about her mood. She is indeed in an awful one currently, and breathing fresh air is one of the few things that helps her relax however,

          BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM!!!!!!!!!

          Her head bobs down, her eyes shut tightly as she starts to feel these stings over a part of her face. Her hair covering her hair, hiding her gloomy expression.

          “Holy sht it’s Irene...” the guys from the field murmured in fear. They looked at the stupid person who accidentally kicked the ball to her direction.

          “Get the ball” they said.

          “Ani. You get the ball” the scared guy says.

          “It’s your fault why it flew there at the first place. Now get it”

          “But I don’t want to die” his body stiff and hands crumpling his jersey shirt.

          “I don’t want either!” the captain says.

          “sht. She already looks like in a bad mood earlier, what more now? Ah ottoeke!”

          The players start to argue and fight about who is going to go to Irene and try retrieving the ball back. Despite being older and seniors, it’s obvious how Irene or the elites are powerful in the school, just look how frighten they are right now. The pushing continues among them, Mino sighs and just willingly started walking towards Irene’s direction. “Oh ya! Mino! Don’t go there!”