15

"Wake up, love! We're here."

I woke up with the sight of Clive slowly opening the curtains of the van's window. A majestic view of the ethereal blue waters bridged with the heavenly white sand welcomed my eyes. It was only then when I realized that we are in a beachside. Damn, this view is breathtaking.

"Where are we?" I asked Clive while taking photos of the landscape in my iPhone. I was still lying in the bed while doing that. "God, this is beautiful!"

"Pagudpud."

Oh my god, did I hear that right?

Bumalikwas agad ako sa pagkakahiga at tinignan si Clive. I even rubbed my eyes and looked outside again, still not processing what he said. Clive just chuckled upon seeing my childish reaction. Oh wait, he is topless! His abs are peeking at me. God, what a view.

"Bihis ka na so we can eat," he said casually when silence embraced the camper van. There was still humor in his tone, probably enjoying the reaction he got from me.

"Do I have to take a bath? May CR rito, right?" I asked like an innocent puppy. Umayos na rin ako ng upo sa bed while both of my feet were hanging from above.

Clive nodded. "You can place your clothes right there," he pointed at the built-in cabinet beside the bed.

"Babe, tell me if you're going out na," he was peeping at the door while saying that. He was like a little child! I just chuckled before nodding my head.

I finally took the time to cherish the beauty of the van's interiors. It was all white and brown. From the front line where the driver and passenger seats are located, there is a little door that shows the pathway to the inside. Right when you get in from the entrance door, the bathroom will welcome you. It was just a little room with a shower and right across it is a bowl to pee. The aroma of the bathroom is really something! Na-excite tuloy akong mag-poop.

And then, beside the bathroom is a small dining area. It was just a high-chaired breakfast table, enough to cater two persons. Across it is the kitchen where the induction cooktop is and which I think is the most sustainable option for a camper van. May maliit na oven lang rin sa ilalim 'non. Beside it is a small silver fridge and a conversion sink.

And finally, the queen-sized bed is situated at the tail end. It was positioned horizontally so the huge flat-screen TV welcomes your sight. When you gauge to your right, a glass window displays a close-to-paradise view from the back. May built-in cabinet rin sa likod ng bed where you can store your clothes.

I hurriedly opened the duffel bag na nasa tabi ko dahil naalala kong hindi ko pala na-prepare beforehand ang mga damit ko. Clive really had the audacity to kidnap me without even giving me a warning! I mean, I would really appreciate it if he gave me a heads up that we're up for a surprise vacation soon para napaghandaan ko man lang sana ang mga OOTDs ko. Duh? I really don't like spontaneous trips 'cause I'm way too conscious of my outfits!

"CLIVE!" I was laughing internally when I saw Clive's concerned face in front of me. He hurriedly ran to the van. Napalakas ata ang sigaw ko sa pangalan niya.

"What?!" he asked softly.

"Wala akong maisuot. I did not prepare for this," maarte kong sabi at nagkibit-balikat.

He giggled. "Really? You don't trust your friends' skills?"

Kumunot agad ang noo ko sa sinabi niya. He was already leaning on the countertop with both hands on the pockets of his black board shorts, still shirtless. Ako naman ay nagmadaling buksan ang bag ko. I saw several packs of different swimwears in a resealable pouch.