4. Secrets Revealed.

"It's nice to meet you all." Bella said, in the soft quiet voice from the phone earlier, Caroline fist bumped the air.

"I knew it was Bella, the second I saw your face when Stephan asked." She said with a huge smile, then gave Bella a hug.

Bella was nervous, but hugged her back before turning to Elijah.

"He said, he'll bring them here, and discuss giving them back." She said happily.

Elijah smiled and nodded his head in thanks, for her message.

Elena looked pissed off, at not being the centre of everyone's world, Jeremy looked on slightly confused, but hiding it, he knew he could go to Damon for the truth.

Alaric smiled at her, absolutely shocked that such a delicate looking woman, ended up with Damon.

"Nice to meet you, do you know how long you'll be in town for?" He asked, trying to make polite conversation.

"Until after the ritual, to make sure every part of the deal is kept. Oh, you're Alaric Saltzman, right, it makes sense now. Isobel said to say sorry, it wasn't you it was her, and for your safety. But in all honesty, she was compelled by Katerina." Bella said quietly.

Alaric looked shocked for a few minutes, until he realised what her words meant, Isobel had never planned the change, or leaving him, and after she had changed it had been about safety.

Damon wrapped his arm around Bella and for once the onlookers saw him genuinely happy, even Stephan couldn't remember seeing his brother this happy before.

"How do you know all this stuff? How do you know how to contact Klaus? Why do you care about his curse?" Elena interrupted.

"I know because I seek knowledge, and friends. I know Klaus, he's a friend. I care because my brother, is a werewolf, and each month he goes through the most painful transformations. I care because the second Klaus is settled, he is going to help my brother, so he no longer feels the pain." Bella said, a sad smile on her face at the thought of her brother.

"How can you be friends with him, he's a monster, he's evil, he wants my blood." Elena yelled.

"He's not a monster, if he was he would come to town, kill everyone except you and his sacrifices, then harvest your blood against your will, and leave you dead at the end." Bella said, and for the first time, her voice held a hard edge.

"In fact, your boyfriend over there, is more of a monster than Klaus is. I mean one sip of human blood, and all he sees is people walking around like happy meals, with legs. Kudos to him, for going the way of the bunny, kumbaya and all that jazz, but that doesn't erase the blood on his fangs." She stated.

Stephan looked down in shame, and then up in anger, as she spoke of his past sins, he knew she was telling the truth, but he had pushed it all away, blamed Damon for so long, it was hard for him to accept the truth.

"Damon turned my mother, Alaric's wife, he's killed people, he's evil, why are you with him?" Elena tried next to point the finger.

"He turned her, at her request, which was Katerina's fault. Point out one vampire who hasn't killed at least once, the difference is Damon kills for safety, not for pleasure. You are too quick to point at someone and say evil, in past times, you would be considered evil, simply for being a doppelganger. I am with Damon, because I love Damon." She answered then turned to Bonnie.

"I have a friend, a witch type friend, she would be happy to help you learn, and not just learn your powers, but also the rules of wiccan society. I will give you her number, just call her when you are ready." Bella said as she handed over a business card with nothing more than a phone number written on it.

Bonnie nodded, planning to call the witch later that day, knew needed the help, her knowledge was only out of a book.

"Well I would love to stay and chat some more, but I'm going to take my beautiful wife home, and catch up on lost time." Damon said, leaving the group behind with Enzo.

"What's up, my loves?" Enzo asked as he grabbed a drink, he smiled as Matt snickered.

Elena opened her mouth to start her complaining again, but before she could start Jenna grabbed her arm and dragged her out to the car, sick of her blaming everyone else, when as Damon said, the cause was from eons ago.

Jeremy wandered over to Bonnie and asked the group what was going on, they explained, with Enzo adding his view in at the right moment.

He believed Elena and Katerina were under a magical binding, set by the first of their line, or it was cast on the first of their line, it would explain why the copies, all ended up acting the same.

Elijah supported that theory, explaining Tatia, the doppelganger he had known, once sweet and kind, suddenly nasty and mean.