Chapter 1 - The End of a Beginning

When people said that everything has a reason why it's happened, I don't believe it

When people said that everything has a reason why it's happened, I don't believe it. Say it, I'm not a believer, I know what I see, I trust what I feel, other than that is just another imagination and kids' story for me. All of that includes the monster, supranatural creature, and the Greek mythology. Well, that's what I thought until one day my life starts to change.

Olympus; the blood moon eclipse night

The three brothers stand together in the middle of the throne room, silence surrounded them as the three of them lost in their own thoughts. After all the gods has defeated the giants and the titans, now the Olympus need a ruler, one that can bring peace to the word of god and the mortal. As the sons of the previous ruler, Cronus, the three of them has the exact same right to rule the Olympus side by side.

"what should we do now? The world would not just run by itself. We have to make the decision now, "Poseidon, penultimate child, ask his two siblings.

"I don't know brother. We may be gods but to rule the world will be another thing. We cannot just choose any of us to rule, besides the three of us has the right for the throne, "Zeus, the youngest, started to walked around the room, thinking inside his head.

Realizing his brother silence, Poseidon look at his other sibling, hades, "what about you brother? What do you think?" hearing voice that was meant for him, hades rise his head and that was the time that his eyes meet his two siblings' eyes. Look at them deeply as if he wants to know what's inside their head. Slowly he opens his mouth and a raspy deep voice come out, "I am the first son. I believe it's my right and my duty to take the throne of Olympus."

The words really have a great impact on the other two. Suddenly a silence awkward surround them once again, Zeus and Poseidon never thought that their brother will want the throne that much to himself. The three of them always have their own specialty, and it's always show that they have to work together to create peace for the world.

"brother, don't you think it's too big responsibility to rule all by yourself," Poseidon try to reason his brother slowly, knowing his bad temper, "you do know we are not as old as our parents; we haven't matured enough."

"besides the Olympus usually ruled by more than one ruler, it's more like a confederation, so I think it's better for us to divide the throne," Zeus suggested to his brother.

Hearing this word is not good for hades, it angered him. He can feel the fire from inside him started to bubbled up and resurface, his body started to grow red and bigger, his thorn shows up, his eyes becoming black. Suddenly the throne room temperature rises up and things started to flying thrown across the room.

The other god can feel hades wrath from the outside. It's been the first time since so long that the Olympus feel so dark as if a holocaust will happen all of sudden. The temperature risen, the land shook, at the moment, the other gods and goddesses knew exactly what is happening. All of them rush, all in one destination, the Olympus throne room.

As soon as they arrived there, they can see hades has transformed into his inhuman form, full of fire, big horns, black eyes. Everyone there can feel it, see it how bad the situation is. Zeus and Poseidon also have transformed into their divine form, trying to calm hades down. Unfortunately, it's not as easy as it seems. His greed has taken over, his wrath has taken over, his demon is his prime form now. All of it because he didn't want to share the throne.

All of the gods and the goddesses immediately help Zeus and Poseidon as much as possible, using their own power and knowledge to take down hades and bring him back to his divine form, but all of it is just a vain. His demon is too strong to be taken down, the only way to save Olympus is to banish him into the underworld. The world full of darkness, world full of sin, on the hilt of the Styx river. A world where no one but him can leave in loneliness, no one but him to be locked up by his own mistake.

At the same time, it was a big mistake to be done by the Olympians, the situation makes them not thinking straight. As soon as the decision made up, they use all of the power in them to open the underworld gate, throw hades into it with all of his fire and hatred for the world.

The gate is closed soon after hades fall into his misery, the throne room is full of silence, just all the Olympus gods and goddesses standing there, looking at each other, no one dare to let out a word, not even a sound of breath can be heard in the rotunda. All of them knows, what have they done, what is the consequences of their action, what they had bring to the world tonight. The mistake has affected the human and god's history in the future, each one of them know it but they didn't know what to say about it.

Every night of the blood moon eclipse which happen every 10 centuries, the gate of the underworld will be shaken, the borderline between the three world – the Olympus, the mortal's realm, and the underworld- will be on its frail point, maybe that's one of the reasons why the gods is still standing now, none of them really get exhausted for the thing they had done.

This means every time the eclipse is at its peak the gate will be open and war will happen, hades will want his revenge, the world is in its utmost danger. They realize that they cannot taken down hades and his army of underworld just by themselves. They cannot protect the mortal's realm by themselves, all of this happen just because of one mistake, one incident, one night that they have never thought will happen before. 

thank you for reading this chapter 

Playlist: Writing's On The Wall - Sam Smith

please vote & comment ❤