Chapter 5 - For The Better

Here they are, in the headmaster office, no one making a sound, Nevaeh keep her mouth shut still processing if she heard right, staring deep into the woman's eye trying to search any sign of untruth

Here they are, in the headmaster office, no one making a sound, Nevaeh keep her mouth shut still processing if she heard right, staring deep into the woman's eye trying to search any sign of untruth. Unfortunately, her eyes hold her ground, no look of doubt, her eyes look deeply serious, as if trying to assure Nevaeh that none of all the things are lie.

Making up her mind, Nevaeh start to talk, "alright, if all of that true, tell me, what the letter means? What do you want from me?" even though the first question is not really necessary for her, she is not a stupid person, she already has a guess on what the passage mean which she feels 90% accurate. She has to make sure that her theories are not wrong, she has to know what all of this about, and most importantly why now? All her life she tries to figure out who she is, where she belongs, and when she finally gives up and started to accept that she has no rightful place, here they are show up suddenly in front of her, with a letter, telling her about Greek mythology, saying things as if she is one of the descendant which is an utter bullshit for her.

"you want me to tell you what it means? I thought you must have at least figured it out yourself, you have traits of Apollo after all, but I guess you are more like your divine father then." Mrs. Wallace said in a very amused tone, "well then at least, I can be grateful for your other traits, you're so calm in this situation, which mostly almost never happen."

One side of Nevaeh knows what the posh woman means, Apollo, divine father, calmness, all of it is on the passage, but all this calmness may also be from her practiced self as a celebrity, she has expertise so many ways to keep calm in any situation. Still don't want to answer anything to the woman's statement, Nevaeh shut her mouth tightly and keep staring deeply to the two persons in front of her.

"listen here, kid. We can't talk all about it here, it's too dangerous and there's too many ears behind these walls. All we need is you to come with us, and you will know about all of it." tis time the muscly man's turn to open his mouth. He still has a small smile, but Nevaeh can feel the seriousness on his voice.

Confused, Nevaeh taking a deep breath and close her eyes, making a decision is hard, especially one that concerning her life. She hates the feeling of this, she hates the fact that she may make a wrong turn, she hates the fact that she wants to go with them but at the same time she don't, she want to stay at her comfort zone, her daily normal life, but she also didn't want to waste the opportunity to know who she really is.

"what makes you think that I will come with you without any fight? I have my perfect life her. I have my jobs here, I can't just throw everything away." that the only sentence that made out of Nevaeh mouth.

"well, for one record, you must want to know about your origin, and looking at all your traits, I am sure that you are curious about it," Mrs. Wallace start to talk to her slowly, not even once she loses her composure, "besides, if you're not coming voluntarily, we will have to force you. another reason is if you not coming with us, you will die, either from not able to control yourself or being killed."