CHAPTER NINETEEN: IN LONDON

I cut the call and sat down with a thud. My brain stopped working ; ears turned hot as tears streamed down my face. They took my family hostage in London.

"Alix" Skyler looked at me, guessing something was definitely wrong, "What's going on?" he asked Jake. Jake shrugged and looked at me. I was crying. I am starting to lose everyone, starting with my family.

Skyler shook me, "Alix, what is wrong? What happened tell us?" He kneeled down before me and held my shoulders.

"London" I whispered, trying to compose myself.

"What happened in London?" He asked, by that Aisha arrived too.

"My....... family......." I sobbed. Skyler looked at me with sympathy. 

"They won't harm your family; unless they have this Alix" Skyler pointed to my bag-pack, "What did Mrs. McHill tell you?"

------------------------------------------------------

It was twenty minutes later that we boarded the charted flight that Allen Smith got for us. It was a five hour hell journey with men guarding us all the time.

Twenty minutes ago,

 "Come home princess; if you want to see your mommy alive." A strange voice said over the phone, "tick tok, I have a jet waiting for you at the airport" the call the cut.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

The five hour journey from Cairo to London seemed like an eternity. Finally upon landing, we were picked up by Allen Smith's men and led to my house. My house was fully guarded, escape from here would be practically impossible.

"Fancy house he's got" Skyler whispered.

"It's mine" I said, getting down.

"Wow" He whispered, "You're like a English lord rich?"

These men walked us to the sitting area of my house. It was messy with tiny splatters of blood everywhere.

"Welcome home, Alix McHill" A man turned around around, his accent was heavily middle eastern. It was the same man on the phone.

"Hamaed Raaed" Aisha said, "Surprises running short by now"

"Where is my mom and my brother?" I asked firmly. 

Raaed chuckled and sat down on my sofa, "Oh they are fine and alive, till now..... Now in the future it depends on you"

"Come on Alix" He patted the coffee table, "The Book please"

I turned back to Skyler and handed my the book ; looking deep into my eyes and giving me a slight nod. I took a deep breath and walked towards the coffee table; there were a hundred voices in my head telling telling me that this will backfire and hundred others telling me it won't.

"We all are going to die, if we don't stop her" I said to Raaed, slowly placing the leather rags on the table.

"Here is a fun fact princess" He looked at my eyes, I slowly coiled my fingers around the wooden piece of display that was in the coffee table, "You are going to die, You......" I didn't let him finish his sentence as I hit him with that wooden piece in the face with all the strength I had. Skyler, Aisha and Jake took the chance and snatched the gun out of the gunmen. I too picked up Raaeds gun and pointed it him as I kicked the leather rags towards Aisha. It was when Jake's father walked in and looked at all of us surpirsed.

"Jake" I panted, "I am sorry; but your father's in this too"

Alain Andre Pierson laughed as he said, "Why do you think that will surprise him?"

"Wait what?" I said, for a moment I was confused, "What.....?"

I couldn't finish my sentence  when Jake's voice interrupted me. I turned around to look at him as he turned his gun towards Skyler's head and said, "Drop the gun, skyler"

Shock overwhelmed me as my mind realized what's happening but my heart refused to believe it, "Jake" I whispered.

"Drop... the... gun.... Skyler" He said, "You too Aisha; Alix come on, don't make me pull the trigger"

He waited till the guns were taken out of our reach.

"Why Jake, Why?" I said, my voice was barely a whisper, "Why did you do this?"

He ignored me and said, "Aisha, be a darling and get the book and place it on the table" Aisha sighed and did what he said.

"Skyler" Jake said after Aisha placed the bag on the table, "Be a good man and open the bag and put the book in the table. Don't try to be smart; you see her?" He pointed to me, "There will be a bullet hole right through her pretty face, you don't want that happening do you now?"

"Bite me" Skyler said, walking towards the table, "You're a lunatic" Skyler refused to comply and just waited there, "You're gonna kill us anyway aren't you?"

"You're right" Jake said, " Starting with her" He pointed to me and fired a shot at me. Aisha screamed as it hit me in the arm and I was paralyzed with fear. I looked at my right arm as my jacket denim jacket turned dark red. Tears filled my eyes and voices start to fade; it was all of it, Dad's murder, Jake's betrayal, my family and friends being in imminent danger because of me and now me maybe dying; I collapsed as Skyler rushed to catch me.

--------------------------------------------------------------

A warm touch on my head made me open my eyes.

"Mom" I said faintly. She smiled at me with tears in her eyes.

"Hi honey" Mom caressed my face. Skyler helped sit down. My brother hugged me with tears in her eyes.

"Glad you're not dead, sis" he laughed as he held my hands.

"Me too" I said, I was really weak. 

"Mrs. McHill" Skyler sat down beside mom, "We have to get out of here. She's lost much blood, she won't make it if we stay here longer" He looked at me and held my hand, "I can't afford to lose anymore people who I care about in my life, Mrs. McHill"

Mom was in tears, "Alvin" she said, "What about our doctor?"

"He is in the airport mama" Alvin said, "With the jet"

"We need to get there" Mom said, "Hold on, Alix. you'll be all right"

"Really Alix" Skyler whispered to me, as he helped me up, "And you're not rich?" He took a deep breath and turned to mom, "Mrs. McHill, the whole place is guarded. How are we going to escape?"

Alvin turned to me, "And you said that the three thousand pounds were a waste?"

Alvin walked ahead and opened a secret door. It was 10 years ago when Alvin spent three thousand pounds on renovating the entire house connecting different parts of the house with secret tunnels. We lived in an Victorian house which meant it naturally had several hall ways and big attics and basements. 

Alvin led the way as mom and Skyler supported me. This hallway was huge; but no one really knew about it except the four of us; it connected us directly to the maids quarters which we use as a store house. From there, we would go through the estate woods, undetected.

I remembered reaching the store house; but however the rest of the journey seemed like a blur. I woke up at time and then passed out again. The only thing I remember is Skyler's cologne as he carried me to the jet where our doctor was waiting.

---------------------------------------------------------------------