Chapter 1

(Ok so I'm not gonna be using any of the older characters from TMR, so people Like Effie Trinket, President Snow, Haymitch Abernathy, they'll all still be in here👍)

You, Newt, Sonya, and Minho we're walking along the streets of district 5, talking about random things that came to your mind. It was a cloudy day, casting a uninviting gloom over the small buildings that surrounded you and your friends on either side. The roughly paved streets looked almost black compared to their usual dark grey, 73 years of use wearing out the color. The soft roar of the dam on the other side of town could be heard over your chatter.

"Hey (Y/n)! You got a couple bucks on you? I'm starving," Minho whines, looking over at the bakery on the other side of the road. You scoff, rolling your eyes as you stuff your hands in the pockets of your blue sweatpants, fisting the crumpled money in your hand. "Ooh. Little (Y/n/n)s hiding something from us," Minho exclaims like a five year old. Running over to your side he nudges you with his elbow, leaning over and whispering in your ear. "They don't even have to know. It can be our little secret," he says, wrapping his arm around your shoulders, pulling you into his side.

"No Minho," you snap, laughs seeping into your words. "I'm finally making my own money. The lady down at the hardware shop is letting me work for her. She's paying me almost four bucks an hour," you say.

"Wait you got a job? You never told us," Sonya squeals excitedly, shoving Minho to the side and hugging you tightly. You laugh at her excited figure, wrapping your arms around her back, returning the gesture.

"Congratulations, (Y/n)," Newt smiles at you, laughing at his sisters reaction. Your lips curl up to match his as Sonya lets go, backing away from you.

"So how's Devon," she smirks, wiggling her eyebrows while asking about the lady's grandson that you work with.

"So how's Brodie," you retort, sticking your tongue out and shoving her with your shoulder, making her tip into Minho. He catches her, helping her back to her feet and she smacks his hands away.

"Hey Newt. I think your sisters falling for me," Minho laughs, making Sonya elbow him in the gut lightly.

"Ya in your dreams," Newt and Sonya reply at the same time, making them roll their eyes at each other while you and Minho laugh at them. You and Sonya were both 16, Newt was a year older than you and Sonya, and Minho a year older than him. Even though they were a whole year apart you would think they were twins by the things the two did ;such as speaking the same thing at the exact same time, or knowing what the other one is thinking without even saying it;

"So (Y/n) about that money," Minho asks with a smirk, gesturing back to the shop you had past long ago.

"Your not getting it Minho so I suggest you stop asking before I ask Sonya to take you down," you retort, shrugging your shoulders.

"Hey man. I think you should probably shut your mouth," Newt indiscreetly whispers in his ear, making you giggle. Minho doesn't ask about it again after that.

Sometime later, you were in the middle of another conversation, when you felt the first rain drop. Looking up you realize that the sky has gotten even darker than before, and it surprises you by how long it's held back. Your gaze shifts back to your surroundings, trying to remember how far away from your house you were. After mapping it out in your head, you realize Minho's house is the closest, then yours, but Newt and Sonya's house is on the other side of town.

"Guys we probably need to get inside before the rain hits. Minho if your busy you guys can come to my house," you say, nodding at Newt and Sonya.

"Wait a minute," Minho whispers under his breath, looking down at the old watch on his wrist. "Shuck," he screeches, spinning around towards us. "I'm late. I have to go."