Chapter 4

Once you got to their front porch, you knocked on the door. Seconds later the door is flung open to reveal Sonya. She squeals and wraps her arms around you tightly and you return the gesture.

She was in a deep red knee length dress

She was in a deep red knee length dress. The sleeves went down past her elbows, leading to a small charm bracelet secured around her wrist. Her hair went down in a braid over her shoulder, and she had some black flats just like you.

"Come on in," she exclaims, hugging Trinity real quick and dragging you into the house. The Carters were one of the wealthier families of the district, being close friends with the mayor. Their house was two stories just like yours, but it was much larger. You first walked into the living room which had three black leather couches in the shape of a U placed where just the corners were touching. There were two in tables with lamps on each one by the arms of the back couch. There was a large projector screen tv sitting on an entertainment system up against the wall, and there were various decorations placed on the walls. Unlike your house, there was no wall separating the kitchen from the living room, so you could see where Mr. and Mrs. Carter were preparing dinner.

"Hey mom! Dad! (Y/n) and Trinity are here," Sonya calls, walking into the living room, still having to pull you along so you didn't try to run back out the door. You hated being put on the spot in other peoples houses.

"Oh (Y/n)," Mrs. Carter exclaims, rushing out of the kitchen and running up to you to envelop you in a hug. She was a skinny woman with bright blond hair and soft brown eyes, and was about your height. You smile as you hug her back. She was the next closest thing to a mom that both you or Trinity had, so it felt good for just a few seconds to feel at home even if you were on the opposite side of the district. When you were younger, and you weren't able to babysit Trinity on your own, you would come here until your dad picked you up, so they all became like a second family.

"We're so glad you could come," she says, pulling away from you and bending down to hug Trinity.

"Well thank you for having us over Mrs. Carter," you smile politely, shuffling on your feet nervously. Ya they had become like a second family, but I had been so long since you had seen them you were worried if they still thought of you like a 'step daughter' or anything like that.

"Oh honey. Call me Julie," Mrs. Carter smiles before rushing back to the kitchen, only for Mr. Carter to come striding over to you.

"Hi (Y/n)," he says in his normal gruff voice that made him sound angry, but you knew better after years of knowing him. Mr. Carter was a large, bulky man that could put most of the peacekeepers to shame. He was almost a foot taller than you, and it's obvious who Newt and Sonya got their ridiculous height from. That's the main reason they have so much money is that the capitol is willing to pay extra for him to work at the dams. To help fix repairs or to help build anything they need there. That's how him and your dad met because they both work at the dam.