Chapter 25

Natalie's POV

As I walked through the halls of my familiar school, I replayed everything that was going to happen through my head.

I'm leaving today.

My mom had scheduled a meeting with the principle today about me moving to another country.

Yup, my mom decided to move me to New York after all. I would be spending the remainder of my school years in the states.
Although I am more than happy to be leaving this hell hole I can't help but feel a bit of sadness as well. Though this year has been more drama than even that of a soup opera, I admit that I'll miss it.

With my mother by my side we walk into the main office and up to the front desk.

"Hi, how can I help you?" The desk clerk asks us.

"We're the Smiths, we have an appointment with the principle about a transfer." my mom says digging into her purse. "It's for Claire Smith." She says as she hands the lady her ID.

"Okay Mrs. Smith, I'll go tell him Mr. Wilson that you're here." and with that she excuses herself and walks down a hallway in the back. I look around the main office and though I've been here plenty of times before I can't help but notice things that I've never seen before. When did they get a new copier?

"Natalie." I look up to see the desk clerk beside my mom, they're already making there way down the same hallway.

"Coming." I say with no emotions.

***

"So it's all settled then, Natalie is no longer required to attend class since her teachers all agree that she will not need it with her grades. We're sorry we couldn't persuade you to stay here Ms. Smith." Mr. Wilson stands and my mom and I follow in his footsteps to exit his office. "If you ever need any recommendations don't hesitate on asking me okay? I'm sure Mr. Perla feels the same." I simply nod my head and walk out of his office and down the same hallway to the main office.

As we exit the main building I tell my mom that I still have a few things that I need to take care of. She hesitates at first but let's me go.

"I'll be in the car, don't take long okay?" She says worriedly.

I walk away without saying anything and head to my locker. It's only 10:30 AM so class is still in session. I walk to what was once my locker and input the familiar code into the lock. There's not much in it, only a notebook, a folder with my drawings and a few papers that were meant to be turned in but are worth nothing now.

I empty out everything into my bag that I brought along and close the locker and remove my lock.
I decide to go to the bathroom before going back to the car.

As I'm about to walk in someone is walking out of the boys bathroom. I was hoping I wouldn't see him but it seems like I ran out of luck a long time ago.

"Hey, I was wondering whether or not you came to school, I even asked Angie about you but she had no clue either. It kinda seems like you've been ignoring us." He says smiling.

I've always wondered how is it that he can always have a smile, he makes it seem so easy; to be happy.

"I actually didn't come, well I did but not to my classes, I just came to take care of something and pick up my things." I say casually.

"What do you mean?" He notices the lock which I still hold in my hand and in that moment, I swear I saw Niall's face drop. His cheeks were no longer that roses pink that I've come to adore, his blue eyes seem to turn grey, his smile faded all together. It finally clicked. "What's going on?"

I don't say anything.

"Natalie?" I hear him say with such worry but it's like I don't care.

Still, I say nothing.

"Hey, I'm talking to you." He lets out a nervous chuckle. "You know it's rude to ignore people right?" He reaches out to grab my shoulder and I flinch. "Woah, hey, are you okay? I didn't mean to hurt you."

I didn't mean to hurt you.

"Seems like that's the only thing that guys know how to say now a days." I say under my breath." As I begin to walk away. I don't even feel like going to the restroom anymore.
I hear him walking behind me trying to catch up.

"What did you say? I could barely hear you. I'm sorry if I grabbed you hard, I honestly didn't know you were sensitive."

"You weren't the one that hurt me." I say back to him and notice that it had a double meaning.

"Are you still upset about Zayn? I know he was a jerk but it'll be okay, you have friends that care about you and can help you forget about him. Friends like me." He says that last part so low that I barely caught it.

I stop in my tracks causing him to almost bump into me. I turn around, it's now or never. "I'm leaving Niall."

He looks at me with a look of confusing. "As in you're going home or?" He waits for me to finish his sentence.

"As in I'm leaving the country Niall. I'm to move to New York." He just stares me, not saying a word.

He chuckles a bit. "That's pretty cool that your mom is letting you travel to another country for the summer. My parents won't even let me spend the night at a friend's house or else they get super worried." He sticks his hands into his pockets and a memory, from the day he stayed after school to return a paper that wasn't even mine, comes to mind.

"No, you don't get it. It's not just for the summer. Niall I'm not coming back... at all." I said the last part in almost a whisper.
He didn't say anything, he simply smiled, said he had to get back to class and left. I walked back to my mom's car.

"Get everything you needed?" she asked while turning the car on to head home.

I honestly didn't want to have a conversation with anyone right now, I didn't even say goodbye to Angie. "Material-wise yes." I said facing the window. I just want to leave already.

"What's that suppose to mean Natalie?" she asked, concern clear in her voice.

"It doesn't mean anything mom, let's just go home, we have a lot of packing to do."

So much for a proper goodbye.

*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_

Hey You Guys! xx

Sorry For The Long Wait! I'll Try To Update More Frequently Now! Message Me If You'd Like! I Like Talking To You Guys & Taking New Suggestions For The Story :)

Thanks For Reading & If You're Still Here Then I Love You Guys!

- Nancy xx