Chapter 7: The Spirit World (Winter Solstice Part 1)

Water, Earth, Fire, Air

When I couldn't decide what to do regarding an assignment for my art club as the deadline quickly approached, I drowned into the Avatar: The Last Airbender world... literally! According to the Spirits, there is only one way for me to return to my own world: Through making A Thousand And One Drawings. Though that seems easy to do with what the Spirits have given me, there is a catch. I have to do it before the end of the storyline.

But do I even want to leave this dreamlike world?

Book 1: Water

Chapter 7: The Spirit World (Winter Solstice Part 1)

"Those clouds look so soft, don't they?" Katara began as they flew across the sky on Appa. "Like you could just jump down and you'd land in a big soft cottoney heap?"

"Maybe you should give it a try," Sokka suggested.

"You're hilarious."

"I'll try it!" Aang exclaimed before jumping down, startling all the others except Emilia, who was distracted by her own thoughts.

"No Aang wait!" Lily began. "Clouds are-"

And then Aang came back up onto Appa's saddle.

"Turns out clouds are made of water." He then dried himself off with airbending. Then he noticed Emilia and her  emotionless face. "You okay, Emilia?"

"Yeah... I'm fine..."

Katara then noticed something in the distance.

"Hey, what is that?"

The group then went to see what she saw. It was a wasteland of sorts, deprived of all life. Aang fell into a bit of a slump because of seeing this and joined Emilia on Moping Avenue. And only then did Lily learn they were traveling back to the North Pole, where she came from.

Katara eventually threw nuts at everyone. Aang to cheer him up, Sokka because he deserved it, Emilia because of her lack of dialogue (though Emilia stayed silent), and Lily because she was having a mental argument with herself as to whether they would teach the Avatar how to waterbend at the North Pole.

And then they were discovered by an old man and taken to a village that was being haunted by a spirit... Hai Bai... the black and white spirit.

And then Emilia realized it was nearing the Winter Solstice and for once spoke up in Aang's defense, stating that he doesn't know much about the Spirit World. But Aang let her know that he'd be okay... Emilia then remembered the rest of the episode... and why they would have no Fire Nation problem this time around.

When the spirit appeared, Emilia was right back to normal and drawing it as it moved. But after Aang gets thrown by Hai Bai, Sokka and Emilia both run out to help. Lily runs after them, nt wanting to lose them to the spirit.

Sokka gets taken by the spirit and Aang gets separated from his physical form... Lily accidentally stumbles into the Spirit World as well because she was holding onto Sokka in an attempt to save him. Emilia decided to keep herself on the physical world side of things to help comfort Katara. She could however see Aang... and he realized that.

When Aang returns to face the spirit again, this time with knowledge of what must happen on the Solstice, Emilia makes sure the stage is set with the acorns for the spirit to return to normal.

She had to make sure everything went as planned...

And it did. The spirit returned to its former self and Sokka, Lily, and the others that were taken returned to the physical world. There was a big hugfest.

But as they flew off to get to the crescent-shaped island in the Fire Nation, a different thought from the dangers floated in Emilia's mind.

'I hope my existence didn't alter Zuko and Iroh's part of the story...'

~~~~~~~~~~

Solstice time! Yay!

Also, again with me being lazy and not writing all the dialogue.

I'll try to do better next chapter.

Bye!