Chapter 10: Jet

(Before we begin, I'd like to apologize to those select few who actually like Jet... Okay. On with the show.)

Water, Earth, Fire, Air

When I couldn't decide what to do regarding an assignment for my art club as the deadline quickly approached, I drowned into the Avatar: The Last Airbender world... literally! According to the Spirits, there is only one way for me to return to my own world: Through making A Thousand And One Drawings. Though that seems easy to do with what the Spirits have given me, there is a catch. I have to do it before the end of the storyline.

But do I even want to leave this dreamlike world?

Book 1: Water

Chapter 10: Jet

It was the middle of the night. Everyone was fast asleep... well, almost everyone. Lily was awake. She couldn't sleep at all... so she got up and walked over to Sokka's sleeping bag. She picked up Sokka's satchel, which was right next to his sleeping figure, and took out the waterbending scroll.

'I have to learn somehow,' she thought. 'This is COMPLETELY justified.'

But when Lily arrived at the nearest creek, what should she see but Emilia drawing. She turned to go back to camp and pretend nothing happened, but Emilia stopped her.

"What are you doing?"

"Uh..."

"It's a little late for waterbending practice, don't you think?"

Lily's eyes widened.

"How did you know?"

Emilia set down her canvas and faced her Water Tribe friend with a smile.

"I knew you'd want to since you never got a chance to see the scroll earlier."

"Y-you were asleep! How'd you know?!"

"It was kind of obvious because you weren't waterbending at all when we escaped from Zuko and the pirates the other day."

"O-oh..."

"But why are you so set on mastering the advanced stuff when you can't do the basics?"

Lily's eyes darkened with a strange emotion that no one would be able to place. When Lily lifted up her head again, she seemed enraged.

"I'M A WATERBENDER TOO! I AM JUST AS GOOD AS EVERYONE ELSE! BETTER EVEN!!!"

"Lily..." Emilia watched with empathy as Lily instantly went from a state of fury to at the brink of tears.

"But my bending is broken... I can't do anything... they told me I was blessed... that the Ocean Spirit had gifted me with great power... SO WHY CAN I NOT WATERBEND RIGHT?!" Lily then broke down sobbing. Emilia got up and hugged her friend, doing her best to comfort her. Emilia didn't mean to trigger this set of emotion, but she knew Lily had to say it.

"It's gonna be okay, Lily... it's all going to be okay..."

The next morning, not too long after they woke up, Aang realized Momo was missing. The five then found him in a Fire Nation trap. Emilia and Aang climbed the trees to help set free the other trapped animals, hogmonkeys, when Sokka got impatient and threw his boomerang, shortening the process.

"These are Fire Nation traps. You can tell from the metalwork. We better pack up camp and get moving."

But as they were putting their packs on Appa, Sokka interrupted again.

"Uh uh. No flying this time."

"What? Why wouldn't we fly?" As Sokka explained why, Emilia recognized this dialogue. They were entering one of her least favorite episodes in the series...