Chapter 10

For the first time ever, she viewed him differently, worryingly so. Well, even more worrisome was that she was viewing him more than a friends and was about to admit to him her true feelings.

Adrianna hated this. The bluenette in question was her best friend, almost like a brother. To her, Marin was an ear to speak your mind to, a shoulder to lean on and a mouth to be comforted by. But things are different as their entrire friendship existed he had a crush on her. Even with Luna he still had feelings for Adrianna. She had already turned him down unintentionally, and enjoyed his dorky actions around her, such as his usual reddening cheeks, his constant lovestruck mutterings under his breath, and his tendency to get lost in her eyes when talking to her.

She still didn't understand why she didn't realize his feelings towards her. Even now she was scared to tell him. He wasn't MisterBug, who she constantly was in love with for the past couple of years.

This led to more conflicting feelings in the now red faced teen, "Adri? Are you ok?"

Adrianna eyes quickly blinked as she didn't realize the she had stared off in her thoughts, "uh, yeah!" She spurted then look down to see what she was working on, "And see we finished our project," Adrianna congratulated.

"Couldn't have done it without you," Adrianna commented as she created a fist to punch his out of instincts.

"Pound it," They both fist pumped and then stared at each awkwardly.

Marin chuckled awkwardly as then used his hand to brush his hair back, "And just in time before the dance."

"Yeah," Adrianna commented, "So I guess your going with Luna?"

"Yeah," Marin pauses, "Yeah I am."

Adrianna noticed his quiet reaction, "must be exciting for you two to go together as a couple."

"Yeah, it is," Marin tried to put a brave face and acted that he was excited, "How about you? Who are you going with?"

Adrianna sighed as she had to admit who her date was, "I thought by now Cleon would of blurted about it to the whole school."

Marin face immediately went into shock, "Cleon?"

"Yeah, but to be fair I don't think father wouldn't have let me come to the dance if it wasn't Cleon," Adrianna tried to explain the bright side.

"I'm sorry that your still going with that egotistic brat," Marin frowned.

Adrianna chuckles, "You know he has his qualities."

"Don't be any louder or he'll appear to list them," Marin joked.

"Marin!" She gaves a slight shove as they both chuckled.

"What I'm kidding!" Marin just couldn't take his eyes off of how beautifully natural she looked at that moment. Her silky blonde hair and her bubbly attitude that he love now mesmerized him.

 She noticed him staring at her and looked at him inquisitively. "Marin why are you staring at me like that? Is there something on my face?" Adrianna said while trying to get the non-existent object off her face.

"No your perfe.. I mean their nothing your good," Marin blushed as he chuckled, "Your face is clear."

"This is my chance," Adrianna thought then made a smile towards Marin, "Marin there's something I've wanted to tell you recently."