Chapter 59

It has been a week since going back to school. I have still managed to hide my belly from Ian and everyone else at school. I explained our concerns to Lucas and desperately made sure he would not tell anyone else. He gladly listened and as far as I know no one else knows but the three of us.

Lucas was of course shocked and confused but it soon subsided, and he filled with excitement. He was thrilled at the fact that he would be an Uncle. The memory made me smile as I wiped down the tables as Chloe took orders from a group of friends.

As I finished, I turned to see Colton on his phone. I rolled my eyes lightly as I walked back over to him behind the counter. "How's Daniel?" I asked through a smile making him look up from his phone as he fought his smile.

"We're fine." He stated through fake annoyance making me chuckle lightly before I slowly faded into a frown. "I have a question." I stated after a few moments of silence making him look up at me again.

"If there was a secret you were keeping from someone close to you would you tell them?" I asked hesitantly making him shrug. "Depends on the secret." Colton replied making me look away to put the cleaning supplies away.

"Life changing." I answered him shrug again. "Then, yes. Especially if it effected their lives also." Colton answered making me look at him hesitantly.

"Why? Is something wrong?" He asked quickly making me shake my head. "No, nothing." I lied before clearing my throat awkwardly. I inwardly scolded myself for being such a bad liar in front of them.

"Then why did you ask?" Colton asked sternly knowing I was hiding something. "Just wondering." I replied not looking at him before the bell rang telling Chloe the groups food was done making me jump.

I knew Colton was right. I have been waiting for the perfect moment to tell Ian for almost a month. I knew I needed to tell him soon knowing if I didn't, he would find out some other way and I couldn't bear that. I needed to tell him tonight.

"I'm out." Chloe stated through a smile as she threw her coat on making me snap from my thoughts. "I'll see you tomorrow." I said with a smile making her wave as she left the diner.

"Where are you going?" Colton asked as I started walking into the kitchen with trash bags in my hands. "Taking out the trash. It will only take a minute." I answered but before he could reply I continued walking into the kitchen.

I kept walking through the now empty kitchen until I was met with the back door. I shoved the door open against my back before meeting with the cold nights air against my skin. I ignored my shiver as I walked over to the large dumpster.

The cold winters breeze ran through my bare arms and legs making my teeth rattle. I quickly rushed up to the large bin before tossing the trash over. As soon as I was about to turn around, I was met with a man's grip with a rag over my nose and mouth making me scream into it. I stumbled into him as I tried desperately to pull away before I soon fell unconscious.

I woke up confused and disoriented. I had a piercing headache making me wince. I tried prying my eyes open as I started remembering the events from last night.

I looked around realizing it was now early in the morning. I was in a cold dark room with concrete as the flooring making me shiver. It was eerily similar to the first time I was kidnapped. I closed my eyes in defeat realizing I had now been kidnapped for the third time in the past five months.

After a few moments, the door burst open instantly making me jump. I quickly stood up ignoring the pain in my head telling me not to.

"Glad to see you're awake." An unfamiliar man said as he continued walking inside. "W-Where am I?" I asked trying to sound stern but failing making him smile amused.

The man had dark blue eyes with dark brown hair that almost looked black. It laid styled and gelled and his tee shirt and jeans were kept clean and had tattoos on his arm.

"Somewhere in the woods. Where we won't be interrupted." He answered making me step away from him. My back hit the ice-cold wall making me tense as he smiled wickedly seeing how frightened I was.

"I've been kidnapped before. People will find me again." I stated making him chuckle softly. "Third times the charm." He stated instantly making me frown as he continued to look through me with so much power and amusement.

"What do you want?" I murmured as he took another step towards me, so we were at arm's length. "You already know. But you haven't been listening. It's amusing seeing someone like you fearless towards the council." My abductor answered making me look away from him.

"You're working for the council." I stated more than asked making him laugh. "Yes. But not yours." The man corrected making me look up at him confused as he turned to walk away.

He shoved his hands in his pockets continuing to leave the room until I spoke. "Just let me go. I'm not important. I have no authority over anything." I pleaded knowing rival gangs only kidnapped someone for something.

The man instantly stopped walking as I took a step towards him desperately trying to get him to let me go. He quickly turned around before punching me across the face. I instantly stumbled before falling against the hard wall. I fell to the floor making me put all my weight on my palms trying to sit back up. It all happened so fast making me squeeze my eyes shut.

I felt something warm across my lips before watching the blood from my nose drip to the concrete ground. "Don't you dare tell me what to do. You are just a woman. You do not stand up to me." He threatened as he kneeled to my height as my vision became blurry.

I didn't smell cigarette smoke making me frown realizing he wasn't the man who abducted me.

I continued to try to hold myself together before I heard the door slam. I heard it quickly lock making me wipe away the blood from my nose before struggling to sit up.

As I leaned against the wall, I looked around the room trying to find anything to help me escape. There was only one small window on the wall across from me and the door. I knew if I were to try to escape the window would be my best bet.

After what felt like an hour of regaining my strength, I hesitantly stood up. I felt slight cramping in my stomach, but I ignored it knowing it was probably normal. I walked up to the window making me frown. The small window was just above my head making me realize I would have to use my nonexistent upper body strength.

I reach up as far as I could and placed my hands on the windowsill before pulling myself up to lean on my elbows. Once I saw outside, I realized the man was right we were surrounded by walls and walls of beautiful tall green trees.

I quickly lowered myself back down making me turn around to see the man staring at me amused. "Out of all the horrible things I do I don't lie." He stated as he walked towards me with an apple and a water bottle. I looked down at it hesitantly making him smile amused again.

"Then why am I here?" I asked ignoring his outstretched hand holding the water I desperately wanted. "You don't need to know." He stated sternly as his features hardened making me frown.

"I already know more than I should. Knowing why I am here won't change anything." I stayed sternly making him step towards me again making me frown. I ignored my impulse to step back in fear wanting to stand my ground. I didn't want him to know how much his words and actions scared me if he didn't already.

"If it weren't for my orders, I would teach you to respect the men around you." He started as he dropped the water bottle before quickly grasping my neck. I gasped for air as I dug my nails into his hand and arm making him smile.

He shoved me against the wall behind me not tearing his grip away. I closed my eyes at the rough impact against my head and shoulders. "You deserve to be put in your place. You shouldn't be feared. You're just a nosey girl who chose to be with the wrong man." He stated through his teeth.

He quickly pulled my neck away from the wall causing me to fall harshly against the floor. I fell hard onto the floor making me groan in pain as I struggled to sit up. The door closed with a bang behind him making me jump.

It was now that my snarky remarks and comments wouldn't get me out of this like last time. I had to stay quiet and play along to insure me and our baby's life would be safe from harm.