Your World (X x Modern!Reader) [Fluff]

In this oneshot, I'll be referencing heavily on my head cannons. Most of my head cannons are pretty much if the Mega Man universe and our universe was the same thing (like X liking Minecraft or listening to TØP) and what they would like if they were here. If you haven't read that yet, make sure to check it out!

Shelyn_De_Shadow 

     "It's here! It's here! It's here!" (Y/n) chanted while doing a tip-toe dance, clutching her new game to her chest. She lived alone, so she didn't have to worry about embarrassing herself in front of anyone. (For now....)
     (Y/n)'s new game, Mega Man X9, has just been delivered to her doorstep and she was ecstatic! She had waited several months for this moment and she couldn't be happier!
     She clumsily skipped to her room to play her new game. She threw the plastic wrap on the floor and admired the box art before removing the cartridge and inserting it into her Nintendo Switch. She sat on her couch in the living room, rocking back and forth in anticipation.
     But her enthusiasm became puzzlement when the T.V. screen read, "Game could not be read, please clean the cartridge and try again later."
     "B-but.....the game is brand new!" she whined. After trying at least 50 times, she groaned and threw herself back up to her feet. She took the cartridge out of her console and looked it over from front to back.
     "Nothing seems to be wrong." she said to herself.
"I guess I'll try again!"
      She did try again; and again, and again, and again. But the console would not read the game, even when she tried to clean it.
     "My only option is to try again later." she pouted while crossing her arms and puffing her cheeks out. "In the meantime, I'll do something productive!"

     (Y/n) cleaned her whole house in the first time in forever. She threw away all the trash, brought all the cups out of her room, and even did the dishes!
     She was proud of her work until she realized that she never tackled the guest room that her brother stays in every 3 months or so when he comes to visit.
     "Yuck! There is NO way I'm going to let that room stay filthy like that after everything else is clean!" she said to herself. "Big brother doesn't even do his laundry...."
     And when she opened the door, she could finally see what she was in for. She gagged when the smell hit her nose. "He just left two days ago! If the guest room is this bad, I can only imagine what his house is like!" (Y/n) exclaimed.
The game will have to wait. I have to finish what I started!"

~Meanwhile~

    In Abel City there was a long era of peace after the eighth defeat of Sigma. There was little to no Maverick activity, and everyone was getting along.
     X couldn't be happier. He finally got to sit down and enjoy a nice cup of coffee with his friends without worrying what was happening on the other side of the city. Everything was perfect.
     "Hey X! How's it going?" Alia asked her good friend while meeting him at a coffee/E Tank shop. X smiled contently. "Never better! Everything has been fantastic lately! How are you?"
     "I feel amazing!" Alia beamed. "It's nice to walk around without having to constantly be surrounded by computers!" she added.
     This confused X. "Alia, I thought you loved your computers!" Alia only giggled in response. "I do! But it's no fun when you can never get a break because of the Mavericks." she sighed.  "It's kind of like you and your armor."
     Alia had a point there. X didn't have a problem with wearing armor. In fact, he loved his Falcon Armor! But it was so nice to not have to wear it all the time. 
     It was perfect. X wanted it to stay that way.
"I swear-" X thought. "-if the slightest disturbance of peace ever comes, I'll be first in line to take it down."
     X's thoughts were interrupted by the sound of beeping. He looked down to find the source of the sound was coming from his communicator. X didn't think much of it at first, Maverick Hunters usually get notifications when a training room is open and/or updates on the city. But when he saw the message, he felt his wiring grow cold.