|04| My - Life

Listen to this song while reading! 👆

R Y A N

Eliza is someone whom I love with all my heart and soul. I will never think twice if I have to sacrifice my life for her sake, for her life.

I knew how much she loved her sister and how madly she was trying to find her at any cost. I wanted to help her, but the problem was we had already tried our best and there was nothing we could do further. We had searched her everywhere, from the prostitute to the mafia, hospitals and asylums, all locations, but we got not even a single clue.

Yesterday, when I was persuading her I knew that it was impossible. It had been five years and I didn't think she would be alive by now. But I couldn't tell her that because it would break her all hopes. Sometimes it was good to live with a goal, with an illusion so that you did not face the hardship of truth, sometimes it was better to live in a lie rather than becoming a victim of unbearable truth.

Because I knew the pain we had to experience alone when our favorite illusion broke. I know the pain was unbearable because today my biggest and favorite illusion had broke - it shattered into so many small pieces that I couldn't put it again even if I wanted to. Those pieces had already gone deep into my heart that I knew I had to sacrifice my soul for protecting my heart.

My heart, my life, my everything Eliza.

I came back home from midway because I forgot an important file on the table. I parked the car and hurriedly trekked inside. My brows furrowed when I found the door already unlocked and half-open. I slowly opened the remaining door alarmingly and when my eyes landed on the person sitting on the couch. I rolled my eyes as my body relaxed.

"Are you planning to rob your own brother?" I asked as I trudged towards him for a bone-crushing hug.

"Not exactly, but something like that." He chuckled as we both hugged each other tightly.

"Can't you tell me before coming?" I asked as we both sat down side by side on the couch.

"I was thinking of surprising you." He smiled, but I saw a hint of creepiness on my brother's face.

Noah was my elder brother and worked abroad for an engineering company. He only came back for business tours or for serious matters. As Mom and Dad always got engrossed in their work we rarely get time for family get to gathers. Honestly, I was not on good terms with my family so my only family was Eliza. Somehow, my relation with Noah was a bit better than my parents.

"So why you come back?" I asked, feeling a bit uneasy with the way he was staring at me.

"Actually, I mess up something and I need your help to fix it." He retorted, running a hand through his brown hair.

"Ok, don't worry." I said, looking at my wristwatch. "I have to attend an important meeting. We will discuss it in detail when I come back."

"No." He shook his head and stood up. "You're not going anywhere." He said before moving towards the door then locking it.

"Stop behaving like a child." I laughed. Could you believe he was my elder brother?

"LISTEN TO ME!!!" Suddenly he growled, making me flinch at his word.

"Hey! Calm down what..." He didn't wait for me to complete and started to speak.

"It's enough now. I can't bear it anymore. I can't pretend to be good when I'm not. I am tired of pretending, so I am ending this pretending game." He said each and every word looking directly in my eyes. I saw something there which I had not seen before - hatred.