3. the date

"good morning, ms.vidya " i reached the office at sharp 8:30. it had a great morning. the ride to office was very calm. it was lovely weather outside and i got a great early morning offer in uber. i was all smiles and waves coming in to the office. 

" morning, swetha. " she said smiling " akil is already in the office, could you hand over these reports to him " she said passing me a yellow file which means it was a performance report. this office has many color codes for files which i know in my finger tips now.

" sure " i got the files from her and took the lift with an IT guy , judging by his looks. i got off the tenth floor and akil was already inside. he wore a crisp black suit and mild cologne that smelled like pachouli. i entered the room which he didnt care to notice.

" morning, boss " he looked up from his laptop for a second, his blue eyes cold and frustrated. seems like someone didnt have the good morning that i did. i placed the file on top of a bundle of other yellow ones which seems to have been lying there for quite some days, judging by the pile." have you checked out your calender yet ? "

" i am looking at it " he didnt sound satisfied

" is there anything i didnt include? " 

" nope, i want you to exclude few things. here are few of my conditions i need you to remember while making my schedule. my office hours are from 9 to 1 . cancel all the performance review meetings, team building meetings , and all other employee centric ones except if its really important. and dont clog up my time with inspections and event organising  "

" you want me to slash off all the employee meetings with you? " unbelievable. the company is known for taking in employees as a family and he doesnt even wanna talk to one.

" ya. was it not clear the first time? "he looked up with a stern glare. such a grumpy ass. But OMGG!! HUS EYES. SO SO BLUE AND COLD. what happened to the guy from yesterday night calling me crazypants?

" i will get right on it! " i said walking to my desk. 

" swetha, also reschedule both my meetings to 10 and 12'o clock. and make sure you dont waste my time making me wait for them." 

" yes " i said. i reached my desk which was right outside his glass door behind the blinds. i made a new schedule for today. i called up both vitality enterprise and mr.adbul to inform about the changes. they didnt seem happy to reschedule but i got them to agree to it before akil called me in.

" meetings are rescheduled , and i have sent your schedule. " i said 

" alright. all those  foreign branch documents that you wanted me to check out , get it cleared in the law office and deliver it to this address before you leave today. "

" okay. " he nodded before taking off . i noticed the bundle of files had not moved a bit. and the address he gave me was to a golf and tennis club. i rolled my eyes before getting back to my desk.

----------------------------

i had lunch with ms.vidya , meredith and a cute guy from accounts department. the lunch was amazing. he was very funny and very cute but sadly, he was also meredith's boyfriend. i decided to make a summary of the details in the files bundled in chairman's table. so that, it would be easier for him to go through it, in case he decides to. it took me around 4 hours to sort out 4 files leaving me with freaking 10 more to go. i  took out my phone to find a text from sid!! ugh!!

sid : hey. 

i quickly sent a text to lola

me : why is your boyfriend texting me?