5. double date

thursday and friday went pretty fast. i did the usual routine of going to office, getting work done, delivering files to the country club and dinner with my friends in the canteen. i didnot tell anyone about the kiss and lola was busy past two days , so i planned to tell her today. it was half working day in the office, so i wrapped up around noon and headed to the dorm. lola was already waiting for me in my room. she was very excited about the double date.

" we are finally going on a double date , sweths!!! i have been waiting for this so long. but, i imagined it would be me and sid with u and neil. " she was exploring my closet to find the perfect dress for me.

" lola, i - "

" sweety, i think this one is perfect" she said handing me a strapless black dress and moved on to pick our footwear. " i am so happy we are doing this. u and sid are my best ones. finally, you guys can get along ! " she was so happy, i didnt want to ruin this for her. this day is hers. " got it " she said and handing me a black block heels.

" isnt it too much for the first date?"

" honey, trust me. you've gotta look hot, because your date is damn hot " she winked and I sighed. " i dont want you to be single forever. how long should i just wait? "

" not long " i smiled knowing

"Only IF this date goes well "

" come on, lol! just two days back, you told me that me and neil should get together" i said rolling my eyes.

" no. i said neil likes you and you should consider it. "

" so, you think i dont love him? "

" sweety, let's not spoil this date for me, please" she stood still and held my eyes until i sighed. I didn't wanna make this about myself so I ignored the questions in my mind for now.

does she think i am not in love with neil?

Lola grabbed a shawarma for lunch and I wasn't hungry. we met with our friends. we were chatting around with them till 6 after which we came back and got ready. i bathed, did my make up and my hair. looking into the mirror, i was satisfied with my black dress that clung to my curves perfectly and my red lipstick that pushed the colour of my red lens. lola walked in as i was wearing my block heels. she was gorgeous with an olive green strap dress. We headed out all set.

--------------------

we reached the hotel in an hour, it was a beautiful place with stunning lights and breathtaking view of the lake. the receptionist took us to our table and the whole way, lola would not shut up about my date.

" he is sid's friend. totally totally hot. "

" lol, u have a boyfriend "

" i have eyes too. and i met him only few days ago. He is studying abroad, here on vacation and he is totally your type. a little arrogant but sweet to my girl character. he is soo humourous and is very secretive. And did I mention hott?? " She winked

" Yeah, like a thousand times " I scoffed

" and do you wanna know the best part? " he leaned in.

" what ?" i said not a little bit interested. she always does this, getting over enthusiased with my love life.

" he has blue eyes " well, thats interesting.

i spotted sid standing near a table before lola waved at him. i was curious about this guy. he was standing behind sid wearing a black shirt and black pant. i could only see his back. we reached the table and i almost choked on thin air when he turned around.

" ohmygod!! " i stepped on my own foot looking at an equally shocked mr.akil " what are you doing here?" My voice came out squeaky  wierd! his mouth turned into a thin line and he shook his head slowly like a warning.

" hey " he said " you look .. you look different " he looked up and down at me like it was the first time he is really noticing me. His blue blue blue eyes, melting my insides. He pulled my chair out and whispered in my ear. " dont tell them anything " his voice left goosebumps on my neck. he looked at me for confirmation. i snapped out of staring at his melting blue eyes and nodded slightly. i greeted sid with a nod and we sat down.

" you know eachother ? " lola started.

" yeah., i .. um.. i met him.. he was..uh... oh god am thirsty " i grabbed the wine and gulped it down my throat. i panicked! I suck at lying! And it's only normal that I turn to wine when I do. Right? he continued for me, " we met in the club. She came there to deliver something to her boss and we met on the way " no surprise, he was a natural liar. The wine tasted amazing and the waiter refilled my glass in a blink.

" Your boss is in the club? I wonder who he is? " Sid said

" trust me, You don't want to know him , he is an ass. Mean and cold " I said smirking at akil.

He fake laughed " well, that mean ass can still fire you" he smirked. I wanted to say a sassy comeback, but I just drank my wine. I couldn't get enough of it's heavenly taste. i could feel akil's eyes on me but i didnt dare turn afraid of making awkward eye contacts. i was very hungry as i didnt have my lunch and i was already on my fourth glass of wine when our order arrived. sid and lola went on and on about their new plans on i-dont-know-what for our whole meal and we were pretending to listen.

After gulping down the fifth glass of the heavenly wine, i felt squiffy. i couldn't cut the brownie in my plate. after trying so hard with my vision getting blurred in the process, akil slide his hand to my plate and did it for me. " thank you " i grinned sloppily and he smiled back.

can't believe its the first time i am seeing him smile.

" you should smile more " he looked at me amused and smiled again and this one reached his eyes. His eyes. " see, like that one. you look so young when you smile. " He narrowed his eyes as i cupped my hands on his cheeks and tilted my head admiring his beautiful blue eyes. " no offense, but you could do a lot better with those eyes " he took my hands and placed in on my knee " i mean, i thought you were way olde- - "

" Don't say olde - "

i cut him off mid-track
" Don't whisper. You are giving me goosebumps on my neck! " I whispered pouting and tilting my neck for him to look.

" are you drunk ? " His eyes widened!

" well, what gives you the idea, sherlock ? " i giggled a little too loud and poked his arm.

" what's funny, sweety?" asked lola

" you know " i giggled " when i met him in his off- " i giggled again.

" she was telling me about what happened with her boss when she met him first "

he clutched my wrist too hard under the table , stopping me midtrack " this one was - ouchhhh!! "

" sorry " he said to me " guys, we should go. dont you think? excuse me, bill please " after paying the bill. akil came to my side in a swift before i even stood up.

" You were just there, how? "  my legs got woobly and i almost slipped and fell face first but, Akil caught me. i looked up at the second his hand caught my waist , and he looked down, his blue eyes on mine, our faces only inches away " that's why " his voice broke when he noticed our proximity. we turned away in a snap.

He turned to them and said " your plan is real amazing man!! And you guys go check that place out today, i will drop sweety off " he was listening to them the whole time?

" really? thanks man!" said sid.

" sweety? is that ok for you ? " asked lola. i looked up from admiring my block heels at the sound of my name and smiled at her. " Lola , me loveyyy, you are the best" I hugged her tight.

" good then, bye guys " he said and literally dragged me out of the restaurant before i could even wave at them properly.