CHAPTER FIVE: Glutton

"You may have won this battle, comrade...but you'll never win the war..."

Pointing to my watering eyes first, I then turned my fingers towards the vibrant portrait of Lord Diavolo, slowly backing away. It had me beat, thirty six to nil, but luck had to shine down on my one of these days.

"Are you done?" When I spun around, I didn't expect to nearly faceplant into a chest, and I pushed back against it quickly, sighing once I realised it was Leviathan.
"Dude, you scared me! Yep, I'm done. Lost, but it's only a matter of time. I'll win one of these days."

He thought I was insane, that much was obvious, but he still chose to grab me by the sleeve, glancing around the room nervously before beginning to drag me off.
"I need to talk to you, so hurry up! Can't let anyone see me talking to the likes of you, Normie!"

Confused, but seeing no real reason to be concerned, I allowed him to drag me off to his room, and once we were inside, I broke free and smooshed my face up against his humongous fish tank.
"Woah! Man, it's like an aquarium in here! Are you secretly Ariel or some shit?!"

Growling under his breath, Leviathan yanked me away from the glass by the scruff, using his sleeve to wipe away the marks I had made.
"Don't touch anything! You're only in here because I need you to do something for me!" Still mesmerized by the rippling water, I nodded slowly, lending him my ear, but not my visual attention.

"Sure, lay it on me..." His sigh was more like a scoff, and he frustratedly began tinkering with his DDD before the screen was shoved in front of my face.
"Mammon stole this from me! I need it back, and considering he's your babysitter, you have the best chance!"

It took a good while for my eyes to adjust, but once they had, I realised I was staring at some kind of loli anime figurine.
"So...you're a weeb, huh? Didn't know demons liked anime..." I hummed, using a single finger to knock the phone away from my face. "So, he stole this toy from you and you want him to give it back, right?"

Pocketing his device, he scowled at me, and I began to feel just a teensie bit nervous. He was a demon, after all, albeit an otaku.
"Figurine! Of course we like anime! I like anime! He didn't exactly steal it, but it should have been mine! He won it and wouldn't give it to me! He doesn't have a clue how important she is, and he's probably abusing my precious Ruri-Chan!"

Wow, tone it down, buddy, it's mass produced plastic...

Taking a step back, I chose to focus on the jellyfish lights hanging from his ceiling, over a poorly placed clawfoot tub. I had a lot of questions about his decor.
"Well, I'd love to help you out, but Mammon kind of hates my entire guts...so you'd have a better chance than me..." I explained, rocking on my heels.

"He owes me money, too! I know he doesn't like you, obviously, but I have a plan. It's flawless." He had certainly peaked my curiosity, so I gave him a vague gesture to continue, still busying myself by looking around. "All you'll have to do is get him to make a pact with you, then boom, I get my money back, and my darling Ruri-Chan!"

It was safe to say that I had no idea what he was going on about, and I blinked at him like a dazed infant.
"A pact? Come again? Is that like, selling my soul or something?" He didn't spare any details in his long-winded explanation, and I just stood there, zoning in and out until he finally finished.
"So? You'll do it, right?"

It sounds like an awful lot of trouble to go through for someone who basically nearly poisoned me...

Popping my lips, I considered it for a brief moment, sticking one hand into my pocket.
"How much does he owe you, anyway?" The boy seemed like he was in a rush, and my question only seemed to annoy him further.
"One thousand six hundred grimm. Why?"