𝟎𝟎

𝑺𝒐𝒑𝒉𝒊𝒂

    I groaned when I heard my phone ring, the echo of the tone sounding across the silent living room I was sitting in.

Whatever happened to peace and quiet?

"Stop growling, Soph." Paul said to me, an amused smile gracing his lips.

"I'm not growling." I replied in a snappy tone as I shrugged his arm off my shoulder and reluctantly pulled away. I used his leg to push myself up off the sofa and tucked my hair behind my ears while I looked around, "Where is my phone?"

"You don't have to answer it." Paul told me, his eyes following me as I looked around, "You could just ignore it and come back to me."

"You haven't changed, not one bit." I replied, mumbling to myself in annoyance as I searched for my still ringing cell phone. I pulled the cushions off the sofa, shoving Paul slightly to the side to grab the cushions from behind him but I still couldn't find my phone.

I turned on my heel, grumbling profanities as I searched around until Paul cleared his throat behind me, "Soph?"

"What—?" I asked quickly, turning to see him holding my phone in his hands. He rose his brows before extending his arm to me to take my phone, "It's Alice."

I furrowed my brows, "What could be so important..?" I muttered, my words catching as I accepted the call, "Alice, what the hell?"

"It's family night." She chirped and I could practically see her shrugging her shoulders in nonchalance. 

"No, Alice." I shook my head, "It's you watch Arelle and Kyra night and Paul and I have a date night."

"Well have you got anything planned?" She asked me.

I widened my eyes as I turned to Paul. He was shaking his head in a warning manner. Of course we didn't have anything planned, we never did when it was 'date night'. We just used the phrase as an excuse to have a night in the house where it was just us two. I was willing to bet my ass that Alice knew Paul and I had nothing planned though and she was just looking for an excuse to torture us with a long-winded game of Monopoly. I would be setting myself up for a night of listening to Emmett and Arelle arguing over who owed who money and Krya — who still couldn't grasp how to play but giving it a shot regardless — teaming up with Jasper half way through the game and the both of them winning by thousands of fake monopoly dollars.

"Yeah." I lied, "Yeah we have plans."

"Do you?" Alice questioned, "Because Kyra really wants you to come play."

Paul groaned lowly under his breath and he dropped his head back to rest against the back of the sofa. He lifted his hands up and dragged them down his face.

"Is that mom?" I heard Kyra's voice through the phone and I groaned internally. I loved my kids — don't get me wrong — but I also loved having alone time with Paul. We rarely had a moment between ourselves since I'd given birth to Carter eighteen years ago.

"Yeah it's your mom." Alice replied to my daughter nonchalantly.

"She's not coming is she?" I heard Kyra ask.

"Ha!" I found myself snapping in excitement with wide eyes. Alice was pulling my leg, "You're lying! Kyra doesn't want us there."

Now, normally any other parent would be upset that their daughter didn't want them to come along but I was quite happy Kyra wanted to spend her night with the Cullen family and not Paul and I. It was weird I know, but I was weird.