Chapter 27: Shock

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Here it is! And yes this chapter is actually going to be Bard's point of view. I'm kinda keeping from Ebony's point of view if you can't tell. Don't worry you'll love it! (Hopefully). Anyways hope ya'll like it!

~Ashlee💕

〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰

Bardroy's P.O.V.

Bard's mouth literally drops to the floor staring at his young master. His master wanted his help? He was finally getting to be useful!

I understand", Bard grins after Ciel explains to him what he has to do.

"Good", Ciel says then adds as an afterthought, "And don't muck it up".

"Of course not", Bard says then for good measure, "Wouldn't dream of it"!

"Alright the carriage is waiting for you outside. You can drive yourself, correct"?

"Yeah I can drive", Bard says feeling kind of offended.

"Now go on. Your dismissed", Ciel dismisses him.

Bard nods excited before practically running out of the room.

"Where are you going Bard"? Meyrin asks from where she dusts a picture while talking to Finny.

"I have a mission from the young master", Bard states proudly.

"No fair"! Finny complains.

"Aye don't feel bad Finny you'll probably get a mission sometime", Bard comforts.

"You think"? Finny asks hopefully.

"Of course".

"Yay! A mission, a mission, I'm going to have a mission"! Finny sings happily.

Bard smiles at the young boy he considers to have taken under his wing before rushing down the stairs and out the door while Meyrin wishes words of good luck after him.

Once in the carriage Bard starts the horses. With a noisy neigh and clip clop of horse shoes he begins his journey to find Ebony.

〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰

Bard could hardly believe it. The neon lights, beautiful voices, and exotic dancers took the breath right out of him. His master had sent Ebony undercover here. He couldn't fathom the thought of sweet, beautiful, kind Ebony among these cruel yet beautiful women.

Alas the first person he noticed on stage was a girl with long black hair, startlingly bright turquoise eyes, wearing clothes in a scarce amount of dark green fabric. Ebony.

At first Bard didn't even recognize the girl. The compassion and kindness that was always clear in her eyes seemed to have left them abandoned and empty shells of what they used to be. She was still beautiful to Bard but not half as much as he thought she once was. It seemed to him like she was like all the other cold-hearted dancers. He had to see her.

Alas Bard got caught up in the Siren's song and when finally Ebony did come down from the stage for her break he almost missed her. It must of been fate that he turned his eyes to her as she passed. However, fate is never kind.

"Oye Ebony", Bard calls placing a hand on her bare shoulder to get her attention.

Ebony turns to Bard her expression and eyes like ice. There was no trace of the warmth she used to radiate. She was nothing but a body now. A body that marveled in being sadistic. He could see it her eyes. Ebony wanted to hurt him. She was angry, she wanted to kill every single man in this room.

Bard releases her shoulder and takes a step back. Fear clutches at the ex-soldier's heart.

"Ebony"?

Her eyes blink for a moment and then refocus on him. She seemed confused and then...angry.

"Have you come to drag my back to that horrid master and his butler", she seethes spitting on the floor in disgust.

"N-no. The young master wants to know if your alright. You haven't contacted him in days. Were all worried, well at least we servants are. Sebastian hasn't been"...

Ebony cuts him off lips curling into a snarl, "Don't you dare say that thing's name. Of course I haven't contacted them the Siren's saved me from your young master. Now leave before I kill you where you stand".

Just then an older woman with cool green eyes sidles up next to them and sets a hand possessively on Ebony's shoulder, "Leave my daughter alone. She has a home now here", The women's eyes turn dark and terrifying, "Tell your young master that".

As if satisfied the two women turn to leave. Stupidly Bard stumbled forward placing a hand on Ebony's shoulder as if to stop her.
In one swift movement Bard is sprawled out dazed on the dark wooden floor.

Bard looks up at Ebony's anger filled eyes in shock. She had hit him....hard!

"Leave and never return. If that butler and his master or anyone of his servants come in I'll have my siren's snap their necks", the other woman beside Ebony speaks as if they were talking over tea instead of giving him and his friends a death threat.

Bard scrambles to his feet and nearly runs out the door and to the carriage. He looks back only once and regrets it. For the look on Ebony's face was murderous.