GUESTS FROM ILE-IFE

The king looked at Folarin and asked "Are you sure that is what you want, you could ask for something more precious, you know." From the king's point of view, although land may be precious, there was still an abundance of unused land all over the kingdom so it wasn't that precious to those who were truly powerful, this was why the Mosuro's family head Ira was so disdainful of the king's gift when he had presented one hundred precious horses, the King didn't want Folarin to feel like he was cheated later on in the future but Folarin shaked his head and said "I am content with that piece of land." Upon hearing this, the king placed his hands on his chin and said "If that is what you wish, the land you desire as well as the surrounding unused land shall be yours." Hearing the King's words, Folarin was so happy he wanted to jump up and scream, it had to be known that the land the king was giving to him was not small at all, it was enough to construct three mid sized villages, not too mention the natural beauty as well as the abundant gypsum hidden beneath the land, if the king ever found out about the treasure trove he had just given away, he would be sure to punch himself in the face, Folarin couldn't help but sweat a little bit when he thought about how he had just deceived the king but he soon let the thought pass.

The carriage drove around the capital for a bit surprising everyone who saw it before going back to the palace, the people in the palace who watched the carriage coming back were filled with a sense of yearning, riding in something like that would definetely be a massive show of wealth, after all the commoners also rode horses so in terms of transportation, everyone was the same but with this carriage it would be different, it would be like comparing a Honda Accord with a Bugatti Chiron, there was a difference of heaven and earth between them, as Folarin got down from the carriage, the first thing he noticed was the intense gaze of desire the people were directing at the carriage, he smiled as he knew his plan had successfully worked, aside from the clothes, he now had another avenue to generate massive profits, of course not all carriages would look as beautiful as the one he had made for the king but no doubt the truly powerful of the empire would still want to buy, Folarin understood the desire humans had to own something that elevated their status above others, for example in the modern world, it was a dream for all men to own a supercar like a Lamborghini or Bugatti and the individuals who owned this cars were always proud of it and are usually respected whereever they went simply by driving those cars, by showing off the carriage in front of all this people, he was planning to invoke their desire to possess the carriage, that way he would be able to generate more profit for himself, this was also one of the reasons why Folarin had decided to make the carriage as flashy as possible, the more beautiful it was, the more people would be attracted to it "Am i becoming more and more like a shrewd businessman?" This thought appeared in Folarin's mind for a moment before he shaked his head to get rid of it as he told himself, this was all for the development of the Oyo kingdom, that's right, the development of the kingdom is the reason why he was doing this not for the beautiful beautiful profit.

The King also got down from the carriage and stared at it for a moment, as a king, he clearly knew the significance of this carriage to his kingdom, he could already picture the future of transportation in the kingdom and this made him smile, he turned around and looked at the people who came for the party and said "for giving me such a marvelous gift, i would give this boy one in return as well, with my power as king of this great kingdom, i give this reward to Folarin Agboola, a large piece of territory of his own choosing and this territory can never be taken from him or his descendants, not even by me or any king who comes after me."

The surrounding people immediately burst into an uproar upon hearing this, compared to the reward given to Gboyega earlier,this was a whole new level, this meant Folarin's land to a certain extent would be free of royal influence, not completely free, of course but it would still be less compared to other areas, this kind of reward had only been given six times in the long history of the Oyo kingdom and that was to the six generals who helped the divine king Oranmiyan to create the kingdom, it was through this land given to them and the rule that limited royal interference that the six great families were able to rise up and wield such power in the Oyo kingdom, Folarin didn't know what kind of great reward he had just received but he knew by the looks on everyone's faces that it was not something ordinary.