The King's Bride has Arrived

Dear Journal,

Today is Tuesday, December 26th, 1775. It has been an entire week since I last wrote in here. I've been in the royal palace with King George for roughly 5 days. Little to say, I hate it here. The King isn't the absolute worst yet he doesn't act as if he just lost his wife. All he cares about is partying and wanting to get married as soon as humanly possible. And if that wasn't enough, I've hardly seen Nate or my parents. Even yesterday, on Christmas, I only say Nate long enough to give him a quick hug.

Yesterday I had to go to a big party with George to "celebrate our marriage" and we aren't even married yet! I honestly would rather have married John Salisbury. At least he treated me half-human and not like a doll to show off. George just wants me to sit there and look pretty for everyone. I hate it but he is a good looking man so that's a bit better.

Going back to Nate and my parents. I haven't seen my parents since the first 2 days I got here. I'm starting to get worried. I've only seen Lucianne 3 times. 2 of those times she was with Nate with several palace guards walking them somewhere. I've missed them all so much. Now that I think about it, I haven't seen many of my servants that came here with me. I've seen the palace guards following me sometimes. I have no idea what's happening. I have started to feel uneasy around the King men but I think I might just be overreacting. I'll talk to George about it later I suppose.

Sincerely, Aloisia Faivre

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I close the journal I thought I wouldn't use and hide in my closet so no one would find it. After I hide it I leave my room looking for George. He told me that he would be in the dining room with a special guest. I decided to go to see him.

Once I find him I see him talking to a man and drinking wine. When he heard me walk in he looked up to the door. "Ah, Aloisia! My dear, please come sit with me and Lieutenant Colonel John Campbell!" George said with confidence. I nod and walk over to stand next to him but then he pulls me onto his lap. "Lieutenant Colonel meet my soon to be wife Aloisia Faivre, Aloisia, meet the Lieutenant Colonel" "Ah so this is the famous Aloisia, it's a pleasure to meet you" the Lieutenant Colonel kisses my hand. I smile at him "The pleasure is all mine Lieutenant." "Please, call me John." The Lieutenant Colonel smiled at me. I nod to that and then smile at George. "George, sweetheart, can I ask you a quick question?" The King nods "Of course my dear, what is it?" he smiles kindly at me. "Well, I was wondering if I could see my handmaid Lucianne. She has something of mine that I need." I look over at John Campbell knowing that since he's here George might not do anything harsh to me. George's smile slightly falters "Well dear, didn't you know your parents and servants left yesterday? I would have thought they told you?" "Oh... I thought they were still here but I guess now..." I look down at the table in front of me. John then speaks up "George if you need some time with your bride then I can step out of the-" "No. It's fine John" George nearly yells.

When his voice raises I slightly flinch but George is the only one who notices because I'm sitting on his lap. John nods "Alright sir. Shall we continue discussing battle strategies?" "Yes but first let me walk my dear Aloisia back to her room." George smiles at John. I stand up, starting to get uncomfortable. "It was nice meeting you Lieutenant Colonel" I smile at John once more. "Likewise m'lady." the Lieutenant Colonel kisses my hand once more. Right after that George grabs my arm and walks me out of the room.

Once we get out of earshot of the Lieutenant Colonel George gets close to my ear so his servants can't hear him. "If you dare talk about your parents again I swear I will have them killed to remind you that you are MINE and mine only. Understand Aloisia?" I look up at him scared and I try to take my arm out of his grasp but he tightens his grip. "I said, do you understand Aloisia Faivre." The King says in my ear more aggressively. I nod quickly "Yes, yes I understand George." "Good. Now go to your room. And don't interrupt another meeting ever again." George pulls away from my ear. I quickly nod again "Yes sir. I'll be in my room if you need me." George then lets go of my arm and walks away. I sigh softly and walk back to my room.

As I was about 5 feet away from my bedroom door someone grabs my shoulder. "The King is going to kill your parents. I suggest you tell your brother. He'll be passing by your room with your handmaiden in an hour." I quickly pull my shoulder away and turn around about to cause a scene until I realized it was the Lieutenant Colonel. "What do you mean sir?" I was slightly surprised. "You heard me, Aloisia. He came back and told me. Your parents never left and they never will." the Lieutenant Colonel said. I noticed a servant walking towards us "Ah yes Lieutenant, it was very nice to meet you today." "Likewise m'lady" John smiles, as the servant walks past us he pulls me in for a hug. "Make sure you inform your brother and handmaid." I pull away from the hug "Goodbye Lieutenant Colonel." "As I said before, please just John."

I nod and walk into my room after one more goodbye. Once I get into my room I close the door and sit on my bed. Soon I start to think about what Lucianne said a week ago about running. As I keep thinking about it I hear footsteps outside my door. I jump out of bed and run to the door. Before I open the door I compose myself. As I open the door I see Nate and Lucianne with several of the King's guards. "Ah! Nate, Luci! I've been looking for you guys!" I walk over to them and the guards move out of my way. Quickly hugging my brother I whisper to him "They're going to kill mother and father. Run as soon as you can and never turn back. I'm going to the Colonies. Take Luci with you when it's safe. I love you so much, Nathaniel." I let go and hug Lucianne. "Luci, you mean so much to me. Please take care of Nathaniel. George is going to kill our parents. I already told him to run. I love you. Take care-" As I was whispering to her one of the guards tapped my shoulder. "Miss, we have to take these two somewhere immediately." I let go of Lucianne and nod "Yes, I understand." I smile at Nate and Luci "Don't forget that I love you guys. I'll see you later." I stepped away from them and the guards take them away.

Once I return to my room I grab a bag and start to pack some of my things. I go to my closet and grab my journal. Then I noticed something red in the very far back of the closet. When picking it up I realize it's a soldier's uniform. "Perfect... How did it get here though...?" I state to myself. I place my journal in the bag and grab some sewing things in case I need it. I continue packing my most needed things when I find a necklace I thought I left at my house. The necklace was a gift from Nate when I turned 18 so it meant a lot to me. I promised him to never leave him or our mother and father. And here we are now, I'm leaving him, mother, and father.

(1374 words)