The One Where He Returns.

This is a part three to The One Where He Leaves (part 2 is The One Where He Stays) so make sure you read those first!

~*~

It had been almost a year since Peter had turned up at Stark towers yelling and crying.

Getting use to living with the Avengers had been weird (although weird might not be the right word to describe it) at first and it took a lot of getting use to.

Peter hadn't heard much from his Pops apart from a letter on his birthday that didn't have a return address, he couldn't reply if he wanted to.

He didn't want to.

He had started to call Tony Dad regularly and the others had been given the title of Aunts and Uncles (which they were all ecstatic about) and he wasn't as nervous around them as he had been the first morning.

Of course there were times when he remembered that he was living with the goddamn Avengers and his fanboy heart had a little bit of a heart attack.

That was fine though because he loved them and they loved him.

The love could be overwhelming at times, like when they first met his boyfriend Harley.

They had all threatened the boy, even after Peter had told them that they had already been together for two years and that they didn't need to worry.

They worried anyway.

They worried even more when they had found out Peter was Spider-Man. That had been a... fun experience.

~*~

"Oh shit oh shit oh shit." Peter continuously mumbled to himself as he hurriedly swung across New York.

He was late home, no one even knew he'd left the building but Tony came in every night at ten to make sure he was okay before he went to bed.

Which the others had found weird, they were used to Tony not sleeping but he had gotten his sleeping schedule back together as soon as possible after Peter had turned up.

He said, when Steve had asked him about it early one morning, that he wanted to drive Peter to and from school as often as possible as he had already missed so much of his life.

It was already quarter past ten and Peter knew that Tony would have already sent out a search team, or Friday would have snitched and Peter really isn't sure which is worse.

The lights were off in his room as he made his way through the window, his mask already in hand as he made his way down the wall in his room.

He let out a sigh of relief as he turned around only for the lights to turn on and the whole team to be stood behind him.

So Friday had snitched... Great.

"Oh shit." He muttered again before realisation dawn on his face and he clambered to get his suit off.

"What are you guys doing here?" Peter tried to act casual, stood in only his boxers after crawling through his bedroom window.

He was so screwed.

"Where were you?" Steve asked with his signature eyebrows of disappointment™ on his face.

Peter scanned everyone's faces which ranged from worry to angry to amused as he tried to think of an excuse.

"Yeah Underoos where were you?" Tony asked the new nickname rolling of his tongue like he had been waiting to use it, he looked like he was having a great time watching as his son tried to lie his way out of this.