Growth

Malique POV

I was scrolling on instagram and saw that Mo is pregnant and engaged. I was happy for her but I was hurt at how happy her parents are all over this Devin nigga. I slammed my laptop closed and looked around at how junky my studio apartment was. I got up to clean up since Dodger and his lil slide was coming through. I was shocked to see he was cheating on Missy but honestly it isn't my business and I am not in the position to judge him or anybody. I was about to vacuum when I heard a knock on the door. I went to open it and was greeted with a rough looking Dodger.

"You good bro" I asked

He sat down and put his head in his hand. I went and sat across from him.

"Bro, what's up" I asked again in a concerning tone.

  "Samantha wants us to move in together. I haven't even told her I was married" he stressfully blurted out.

I rubbed my face stressed out for my boy. I went and sat beside him and looked him in his eyes.

"Do you love Missy" I asked him.

He looked at me and shook his head yes. "I do love her. I just think we moved a little too fast. The whole marriage and the baby is just too soon. Then her dad scares me. I don't know how you dealt with him. " He vented.

I shook my head agreeing with him. "Something about these River sisters putting a time line on life and inserting their parents in their life" I said lighting my blunt.

Dodger reached for the blunt and took a puff. He exhaled and looked at me

"Why you never went the next step with Mo. Yall were together forever and I honestly blame you man for losing her" he said taking another puff.

I laughed and shook my head. "I honestly was afraid of being a horrible husband and disappointing her" I laughed while taking the blunt back.

Dodger looked at me and laughed. "You were afraid of being a bad husband and now you don't know what yall could've been. I think you were a coward Malique and after 15 years or however long yall were together you cheated. That was fucked up bro" he said slurring his words with his eyes low.

I laughed and side eyed him "The pot calling the kettle black" while nudging him.

We both were high as hell and I ordered some pizza before dozing off.

I woke up to Dodger shaking me. "What's up man" I said in between a yawn.

"Mo is here banging at the damn door" he whispered.

I was not going to answer but I know Mo and she won't go away. I went and threw water on my face before opening the door.

"What are you doing here" I asked trying to look unbothered. She tilted her head at me with an attitude