Sister's Keeper

Missy POV

Mo called me the day she went missing. She wanted to meet for lunch. I had plans with Dodger so I blowed her off. I felt bad and I wanted to understand.

I went to Malique's after him and Devon fight because seems as though he is the only one who understood Mo.

"You thirsty" he asked me.

I shook my head no. He looked exhausted and tired. 2 months is a long time for someone to be gone and not call home or anything so I understand how he is feeling and the way he looks.

"Look Malique, you seem to know more than we do. What happened to Mo" I asked.

He sat there crying and he rubbed his face to wipe his tears. "He was beating on her" he said and my eyes widened.

"What? Devon?" I said shocked.

"He loved her. He wouldn't " I said shaking my head.

He let out a smirk. "That's what he wanted y'all to see. Mo always wanted to be a mother why would she wait to get pregnant to become so reckless". He said with frustration.

"Pregnancy does that Malique" I argued.

"Not with Mo. She was pregnant before we broke up. She got an abortion because I asked her too. Before she did that she talked to her belly every chance she got and apologized over and over again even when I told her it can't hear her. She still did it." He cried

"She was meticulous the moment she found out she was pregnant from Devon. She changed her diet and cut hours at work. She would never put her or her baby in danger as far as falling and not telling anyone including your dad. Let's be for real Missy. You are your mom's baby girl and Mo is a daddy's girl. She would tell him." He said.

"You're making sense but Mo is like a closed book also. She will keep certain things away to maintain her image. She never told us about the abortion and she never told us about you and Taja having a son. She was protecting herself" I said.

He let out a smile. "Do you want the truth or not" he said in an agitated tone.

I shook my head yes

"She told me it started after they got engaged. The yelling then he slapped her. He apologized and then it happened again. She was in hell. She took beatings for Dj also. She was determined to let the adoption go through first though. We were suppose to get back together then but-" he stopped.

"But what" I asked.

"I cut her off for Taj" he said

I started crying and my phone rung. I jumped and looked down and saw it was my mom. She was probably checking up on me to see where I went. I left Maliques to go back since my mom kept calling.

I  walked in to my parent's house and everything was in slow motion. Dodger playing with Dawson. My mom and dad in the kitchen cooking and then I looked at Devin who is laid back eyes glued to his phone.

"Missy, You're back. Where did you go" my mom asked.

"I went to see Malique" I admitted. Everyone stopped what they were doing to look at me.

"I thought I made it perfectly clear that I wanted no one to speak to him" Devin said in an aggressive tone.

"I wanted answers about Mo. He seemed as though he knew something" I said with an attitude.

"Malique doesn't know anything about my wife." He yelled.

Dodger stepped in front of me "Don't yell at my wife. I know we all want Mo to return home with Dj and Kaydence but taking it out on any individual is not the way" Dodger said in a stern voice.

"I'm sorry Missy, I miss my wife" Devin said.

"Did Malique give you anything useful" my dad asked.

I looked at Devin and just teared up.

"She was unhappy. She was pregnant before Kaydence from Malique and was very meticulous and careful when she was pregnant even though she knew she wasn't keeping the baby. She needed us and we weren't there." I said very discreetly but also letting Devin know that I knew about him.

"Well when she comes back, we will get her the help she needs" Devin said.

"She isn't coming back if she is going to still be unhappy. She waited to legally be able to take Dj. She planned this and you didn't even know. She was unhappy and you didn't even know Devin. She hated her surroundings and that includes you" I cried.

"Missy, please" my mom tried to comfort me.

There was a knock at the door. My mom went to answer the door. Then I heard her bust out crying and we all ran to the door and Sheriff Burt was at the door

"What's wrong" I said

"We found a body. We aren't sure if it's Monica's but it fits her description." The sheriff said and my heart dropped.

I looked back at Devin who looked shocked but not quite as hurt. I went up to him and slapped him.

"You did this, you are to blame" I snapped.

My family came and grabbed me but I wasn't going to back down.

"You were beating her. You made us belive it was her" I cried.

"Missy, I don't know what you're talking about" he lied.

I slapped him again and this time he hit me back and Dodger punched him along with my dad who jumped in.

The sheriff broke it up and I wiped my face.

"Control your wife and daughter" Devin yelled.

"I told you. He hits women and he was hitting Mo" I said walking away.

The sheriff took Devin into custody while we all gathered to go view the body they found. I'm praying it's not Mo but 2 months and not one phone call. I'm starting to belive the odds are not in our favor. All she ever wanted was her happy ever after.