Chapter 1: Welcome to Republic City

"Earth"
"Fire"
"Air"
"Water"

"When I was a boy my mother- Avatar Gyawa- told me the story of how she and her friends heroically ended the hundred-year war."

"Avatar Gyawa and Fire Lord Zuko transformed the Fire Nation colonies to the United Republic of Nations."

"A society were benders and none benders from all over the world could live and thrive together, in peace, and harmony."

"They named the capital of that great land; Republic City."

"Avatar Gyawa accomplished many great things in her life but sadly her time in this world came to end."

"And like the cycle of the seasons, the cycle of the Avatar began anew."

Or so those fools thought. Ha. They didn't know what hit em.

After so much bs I was pulled right back in as every good mafia movie says.

At the moment I was Takumi, passing a test of fire bending almost flawlessly. Definitely still not good as Azula but pretty good.

A few sparks into the fight I threw a large smash of fire to send the trainers off their feet.

And for a second these master ain't even training me themselves, they just watched, It got me kinda pissed off. Seriously it's not like their awesome like Iroh. Well, Katara is.

"Wow!" Korra my bodyguard gasped in amazement.

"She's strong." Katara commented, I mean, of course, I was...

"She lacks humility." The White Lotus master said making me give a drained face. Ok, he had a point there.

I then focused on the fight, the two opponents stood up and shot fireballs at the same time.

With the harmony technique, I learned when I was Gyawa I spun around them, and using their own fire against them knocked all three down.

It was pretty clear I won so I took off my helm and quickly walked over to the council teachers or whatever you call them.

"How you like them apples?" I smiled, my arms out.

Only to get stares. Ok, I get it, that was an earth reference, I deserved that. "Yeah... well did I pass? Can I start air bending?" I arched an eyebrow, my second favorite next to fire.

"You're getting ahead of yourself as usual Takumi. We haven't even decided if you passed your fire bending test yet." The fire bending dude said with his hands in his sleeves.

I sighed, a break was what I need when I first woke up now... now I was bored and the plot to the show was about to kick in.

"Ever since you were a little girl you've gotten too ahead of yourself and lacked in humility." The other white lotus guy said in a scolding tone, I looked over to Korra who rolled her eyes. I quickly looked away, I didn't want to get in trouble again.

"Isn't that a good thing?" I asked, tapping my feet, feeling subconscious.

"You lack experience and pride is the last thing you should have." He continued, on and on, ok I get.

"Well if I wasn't stuck here—" I suggested, holding up a hand. Believe me, I had plenty of experience back when I was Gyawa most of my life I didn't know I was doing. Taking down the Fire Lord was easy compared to politics.

God, I hated politics.

"We've spoken of this, Avatar." He huffed.

"And I doubt my last life, Gyawa would have wanted this, she gave no such order for this to happen!" I rose my voice, one thing I hated was how people manipulated my words.