Chapter 4: The Voice in the Night

I sat awake as usual wanting some snacks when I heard Korra yell out.

I squinted before walking over to her room and knocking with no answer. "Korra are you ok? You screamed." I said, peeking in. 

"I did? I... had a nightmare. It's fine you can go back to sleep." Korra said, trying to act ok. But she did a bad job of it, worse than Batman.

"You sure? Want me to stay here?" I asked, walking in.

"If you want." Korra replied, her eyes stared at the window. "Takumi?" She turned back to me, her eyes shining in the moonlight.

"Yeah?"

"Aren't you scared of Amon?"

I mean I wasn't I faced Ozai but I couldn't say that to someone who was right? "You're not scared of Amon Korra you're scared of what he'll take. But don't worry it won't happen." I said unsure of what to say as I sat on the floor next to her.

She immediately hugged me tightly, her hands still shaking. I leaned in and fell asleep.

~<>~

Meelo sat across from me, smiling in his confidence, thinking he could really beat his almighty granma.

I grinned back, ready to bring the tofu back ten times harder.

Suddenly Meelo stood up from the table and threw it just as I expected, yet he was no match for the dark side of the force!

I quickly tilted my head, cleanly dodging the tofu.

"Meelo stop playing with your food!" Tenten scolded making me sigh. It wasn't even good food... He and I then began to lazily shift our chopsticks through it.

"I'm not interrupting am I?" Tarrlock asked, walking in, the very man who I thought was actually just Amon for the full season.

"This is my home Tarrlock! We're about to eat dinner." Tenzin protested, almost in a gasp.

"Good because I am absolutely famished. Air benders never turn down a hungry guest am I right?" He grinned.

"I suppose." Tenzin looked away in defeat.

Pemma gave him a mad glare while he shrugged at her.

"Ah, you must be the famous Avatar Takumi. It is truly an honor, I am Councilman Tarrlock. The representative of the Southern Water Tribe."

"Well isn't ever Avatar famous?" I asked with a nod, I watched Game of Thrones bud, I won't be fooled!!!!!!

"Why do you have three ponytails? And why do you smell like a lady? You're weird." Ikki said in her quick tone making me hide a chuckle.

"Well aren't you, precocious." He said, sitting next to me. "So I've been reading all about your adventures in the papers. Infiltrating Amon's rally now that took some real skill." He smiled with a fist full of (I don't, I guess you could call it) courage fist.

"Ah that was nothing, I'm more curious about what the council plans on doing for none benders. Apparently, it's a bad enough problem for normal people to follow a criminal." I said, sipping my tea. Still not as good as Iroh's!

"Ah yes, well as you have heard I'm assembling a task force, I will strike at the heart of the revolution and I want you to join me." Tarrlock tilted his head trying to get all of my attention which was more on how I couldn't get a decent cup of tea anymore.

"I need someone to tag along directly, someone who is fearless in the face of danger. And that someone is you." He continued if there was one thing I hated was villains who wasted my time.