Act III - Chapter 16

Act III – Chapter 16

Trigger Warning: This chapter contains swearing. Reader discretion is advised.

(Minecraft: Story Mode and its characters belong to Telltale Games, not me.)

The hallway down to Cell Block Tango went on for much longer than Soren expected, but finally, after the eighth turn, he finally reached the entrance.

He emerged into what appeared to be the largest cell block in the Detention Facility yet. It wasn't built like the other cell blocks either. Instead, Soren saw two mini-towers, with bridges connecting to catwalks, which spiraled around them towards the top, where the actual cells, which appeared to be made out of bedrock, were located.

Behind them, Soren saw a vast space of nothing but a lake of lava which appeared to stretch on forever, with no visible wall or ceiling in sight, just an orange hue from the lava. In short, it made Cell Block Alpha look like a collection of low-level holding cells. Soren expected guards to be planted everywhere, but there was not a soul to be found from where he was standing.

Of course, they were all probably scrambling to contain the mass riot that Soren started, and with the Warden having been fired, and the Admin having abandoned the place, they were running without a leader. Which basically meant that the riot was far from ending.

To Soren's right, he saw a third bridge, leading into what he assumed was another control room. Of course the main control room wouldn't control anything in here. He had to open these cells separately.

Soren crossed the bridge on his left, leading towards the catwalk on the left tower. Upon reaching it, he hastily climbed the stairs to the top, and he saw that the bedrock cell was double-roomed and double-locked. The first door had a lever, which was locked from the outside, which Soren was able to open easily.

Stepping inside, Soren saw that the room he was in contained things such as a desk and some other useless items. He saw a window, which peered into the second part of the cell, which was blocked off by another iron door. Soren walked up to the window.

He saw that the walls of the second room were made out of obsidian, with the ceiling and floor made out of bedrock. It was empty, save for a bed, which had someone sleeping in it. The figure was facing away from Soren, but Soren recognized who it was immediately. It was Jesse. She had been outfitted with a straitjacket and a muzzle.

Soren tapped his right knuckle on the window, which startled Jesse awake. She bolted upright and almost fell out of the bed, giving out a muffled scream. She turned towards Soren, and green-eyes widened upon seeing him.

"Jesse!" exclaimed Soren. "Hang tight, I'm going to get you out of there."

Seeing Jesse nod in understanding, Soren sprinted back out and towards the Control Room, which was near the entrance. Surprised to find it unlocked, he raced inside, and saw two levers. One was marked 'JESSE' and the other was marked 'ROMEO'. So that was the prisoner's name. The name gave Soren a huge déjà vu sensation

Without delaying further, he flipped both levers, and immediately raced back to Jesse's tower. Upon reaching Jesse again, he untied the muzzle binding her mouth shut and helped her out of the straitjacket. It was then that Soren saw that she now had noticeable bruising under her eyes, which was no doubt from the nose fracture that the Admin gave her before they got sent down here.

"Thanks, Soren," said Jesse, catching her breath. "That was... that was the worst."

"While you were locked up, I figured out a way for us to possibly get out of here?"