C H A P T E R 1

I just got to the hotel. I paid the uber driver before grabbing my backpack and duffel bags out of the trunk and walking into the hotel. I was supposed to meet Jill in the front lobby, but I don't see her yet. Then again, I am about 20 minutes early. So I decided to just sit down and wait until she got here.

"Might as well read some more of my book," I mumbled to myself as I pulled my favorite book out of my backpack and began reading. It was very worn out copy of Ovid's Metamorphoses. Yes I'm a nerd. A huge one in fact. But I like keeping that a secret.

"It's nice to finally meet you in person Raven," I heard a voice say, making me look up to see the one and only Jill Ellis standing in front of me. I shoved the book back into my backpack before quickly standing up in front of the coach.

"It's great to be here coach," I said, shaking her hand. "So what room am I in?"

"You're rooming with Mallory Pugh for this camp. Room 403. Dinner at 6:00," she said handing me my room key in one of those like card holders, which had my name and room number scribbled on it. I said a quick goodbye before grabbing my bags and walking towards the stairs. I didn't do elevators. Ever. Their metal death traps. Freakin' coffins with horrible music.

So I take the stairs. Pretty hard to die in a hotel stairwell. Well unless you're clumsy and trip on your untied shoelaces and fall. Then your screwed.

It didn't take long before I got to the 4th floor and was standing right in front of the room with 403 on it. I wasn't sure if I should knock. It's my room, but would it be rude to enter without knocking if she's in their already? What if she was changing? Dear god that'd be awkward.

'Hey, sorry I just saw you half nude, but I'm your roommate for camp. Nice sports bra by the way. I think I have that same one. Cool!' I thought to myself. That'd be a horrible first impression.

God, I'm so weird. I'm actually having an argument with myself in my head. I face palmed my forehead, disappointed that I was so weird.

The door suddenly flew open and I felt a body crash into mine as they ran out the door and straight into me. I let out a quiet groan as the force of the impact sent both me and the stranger whom rammed into me, crashing into the hotel's hallway wall opposite of my room.

"Crap! Are you okay?" I heard someone say. I slightly winced in pain as I looked towards where the voice was coming from to see 5 girls standing around me, 6 including the stranger currently on top of me.

"Yea. I'm good," I said as they helped pull the girl on top of me off. I slowly stood as well, shaking off the last bits off pain in my body before looking at the strangers. I recognized them as a couple national players. There was Mallory Pugh, Lindsey Horan, Sam Mewis, Rose Lavelle, Tierna Davidson, and last but not least the one who crashed into me. Emily Sonnett. What a bunch this was.

"No way! You're Raven O'Connell! You play for Olympique Lyonnais. You're like one of the best defenders in the world right now!" Rose exclaimed, making the other 5 stare at me, finally realizing who I was.

"Yea, but um, Raven works fine too," I said, scratching the back of my neck as I felt my cheecks get warm in embarrassment.

"Emily!" Mal said as she slapped the blonde defender on the back of the head before continuing, "you just tackled Raven O'Connell! You could've hurt her!" Mal yelled.

"I didn't know she was standing in front of the door! Sam was chasing me and I was just trying to escape the big friendly giant!" The blonde argued back before getting another slap on the head, but this time from the tall midfielder.

"Don't blame this on me! You stole my phone and wouldn't give it back!" Sam said. All 6 players continued arguing back and forth as awkwardly stood there, cheeks still rosy red, as I rocked on my heels while patiently waiting to get into the hotel room. After a bit, I figured the arguing could go on for awhile, so I timidly raised my hand, afraid to interrupt.

"Yes Raven?" Lindsey asked, making all 6 of them turn their attention towards me once again.

"Um, could I please get into my room?" I quietly said as I held up the hotel key card holder Jill gave me that had the room number and my name written on it.

"Wait, your the rookie Mal is rooming with?" Tierna asked. 

"Yes," I said timidly, afraid of the reactions I would get.

"Welcome to the team, rookie!" Emily shouted, making me jump a little since I wasn't expecting that. I let a small grin spread across my face as the shorter girl wrapped her arm around my shoulders.

---

Author's Note:

Please go easy on me! This is the first fanfic I've ever written, so sorry not sorry if it horribly sucks. Feel free to give comment any advice. 

Thanks and see ya later alligators.