Chapter 5

Previously on Chapter 4

He pulls away and looks at me. "Y/N..." he said. I just smile at him. Then we went off to continue our journey.

I love Hyakkimaru... there's no denying anymore

-Confession-

Y/N P.O.V

Hyakkimaru continues to fight demons here and there. I'm getting worried, he's getting restless lately. If this goes on... he's going to get sick... and I don't want him to be sick.

I walk behind Hyakkimaru, with Dororo next to me. "Hyakkimaru... take it easy... you need to rest... you will get sick if you keep going like this..." I said. He just stays silent and keep on walking. I let out a sigh and speed walk, so I can catch up with his phase. I gently hold his wrist.

"Hyakkimaru... seriously... let's take a break..." I said. "Y/N... I'm fine..." he said. "You're fine for now, Hyakkimaru. But if you keep forcing yourself to keep going like this... you WILL get sick. I don't want you to be sick" I said. "I'll be fine..." he said, gently taking my hand away from his wrist. Then he starts to walk again.

"Hyakkimaru! Don't you care about how I felt?! I'm worried about you..." I said. He stops walking and turns to me. "Y/N... I care about you... I do... that's why I want to get my body back..." he said. Then he walks closer to me.

He cups my cheeks, leaning his forehead on mine. "I wanna see you... I want to see your beauty... I want to be able to feel you..." he said. "Hyakkimaru..." I said. "Please..." he said, in a pleading tone. I let out a sigh, seeing that I can't really argue with him right now.

He pulls away from me and gently grabs my hand. I walk with him, I turn to Dororo who's walking slowly behind us. I gesture her to walk faster and she did. I grab her hand in mine.

I look down, as a tear manage to slip down. Dororo looks up at me and gently squeeze my hand. I turn to her and smile painfully. "Don't say a word, okay?" I mouth to her. She just nods her head, giving me a sad smile.

Time-skip

It was night time. Hyakkimaru finally agrees that we rest for the night. We can't find a place to stay, so we have to spend the night in the forest.

I lay on the grass and stare up at the sky. The stars decorates the night sky, giving us a little light in this dark night. Dororo is sleeping peacefully next to me, using my poncho as a blanket.

I turn my head to look at Hyakkimaru, leaning on a tree. He seems to be deep in thought. I let out a sigh and get up from my spot. I walk over to him and take a sit next to him.

"Hyakkimaru..." I call out. He turns his head to 'look' at me. He just stay silent, but I know that I have his attention. I gently place my hand on top of his.

"I know... how much you wanted to have your body parts back, Hyakkimaru... and I'm more than willing to help you. But you need to remember one thing... you have to look after your health... and you can't just go around killing things" I said. "Why?" He said. "Because... because I don't want to lose you... I'm scared... the more you fight... the less human you become... not only you killed demons... you killed people as well... I don't want you to keep going like this... then live your life regretting what you've done" I said, fighting back the tears.

"I'm scared, Hyakkimaru..." I said, finally letting the tears stream down my cheeks. "Y/N..." he said. He wraps an arm around my shoulder, pulling me closer to him. He runs a hand through my hair gently. I just lean my head against his shoulder as I start to cry.

Once I'm calm, he pulls away from me. He turns to me and smile. He cups my cheeks gently. "Y/N... I'm happy that you're worried about me... you care for me... that means more to me than anything else. But you need to understand... I need my body back... like I said earlier... I want to see you... not just your soul. You... your eyes... nose... lips... everything..." he said. "Hyakkimaru..." I said. "Y/N... I love you..." he said. My eyes widened when I hear those 3 words being utter by him.

"Y-you... love me?" I stutter out. He nods his head "I love you, Y/N..." he said. I choke a sob and pulls him into a tight hug. "I love you too... I love you so much, Hyakkimaru..." I cried out. He buries his face in the crook of my neck. I can feel his smile against my skin.

He pulls away from the hug, then starts to lean in. I just stare at him for a bit. My eyes flutter close as I feel a soft pressure on my lips. I slowly kiss him back.

He gently move away from the tree he was leaning on. Then he lay back, with me on top of him without breaking the kiss. His hand on the back of my head as he pulls me even closer. I tilt my head to the side slightly to deepen the kiss.

He turns to his side, so I'm laying next to him. He finally pulls away from the kiss, because we need to breathe. He place a soft kiss on my forehead. I look up at him. "Hyakkimaru, please rest... at least for tonight..." I said. He let out a sigh and nod his head. "Okay..." he said. He pulls me closer to hi. I smile and lean my head against his chest.

I move my head from his chest, so I can look at him. Looks like Hyakkimaru and I are together now. But is it really okay for me to be with him when I'm still tied to Tahomaru. Even though I don't want to be with Tahomaru... he's still my husband... and I can't escape from that reality.

'What should I do to free myself from Tahomaru's grasp? I don't wanna be with him. I hope someday I can finally be free. Maybe Hyakkimaru is my path to freedom... with him I shall find my way. This is my journey to freedom. With Hyakkimaru by my side. In every step that I take' I thought to myself, as I watch Hyakkimaru. His chest rise and fall slowly, letting me know that he's falling asleep.

Once I made sure Hyakkimaru is sleeping. I close my eyes, smiling softly as I hear the steady beating of his heart. Then I slowly drift off to a deep slumber.

*to be continued*