Chapter Nine

Mikayla's POV:

Why?

Why didn't I think of this before choosing him as a roommate?

I walked back and forth with frustration. I should've never done that. I should've never chosen him as my roommate.

"But, you were not sure that he was- It's okay. Take a deep breath," I reassured myself. I brreathed in and brrathed out.

Okay, calm down, Mikayla. It's not that big of a deal. You are strong. You are a strong and intimidating girl who could make someone wet their pants with only an intense stare, be it boy or girl.

I was hitting my phone on the palm of my left hand, still walking back and forth in the bathroom.

Let me just take a shower.

Yeah I'll do that.

I removed my clothes and got into the shower. I turned down the temperature a bit. Showering in warm water helps me think clear and relaxes me. I closed my eyes, and allowed myself to get hyptonised by the peacefulness in the shower.

"Why are you doing this? Leave me alone!" I yelled and cried, and struggled, but no one listened.

No one was there.

Today it was supposed to be a happy day for me, since Daniel asked me to go with him as his date for prom, but...

I thought he changed...

"You... are going to get me what I want. You are his favourite," he said.

"Why have we ever done to you? We always treated you like family! We're your own blood! Why would you do that to us?" I sobbed out.

"None of you ever treated me like family, never! All you did was simply give me some money as monthly allowance and that's it! You never loved me!" He yelled.

I took a deep breath. I could feel a lump in my throat as if I almost started suffocating. I almost choked on the water because of how hard I was panting. I got goosebumps covering me.

I washed the soap off my body and shampoo off my hairs, then wrapped a towel around me. I looked at myself in the mirror. Remembering everything I just saw, I looked into the mirror.

I could still feel all the places he touched, hit, and... and...

I cried.

I couldn't hold it in anymore. I've been strong for way too many years.

Why is Daniel back? What does he want? Why? Why? Why? I sobbed the last part out. I clamped my hand on my mouth stopping any noise from leaving it.

I washed my face off, and went outside.

I forgot my clothes in the room.

What are you going to tell him?
Why are you going out in a towel?

What I'm doing is that I'm actually going out of the washroom which is in my dorm. So I don't think that is considered going outside... wrapped in a towel. So I'm not really going out in a towel.

"My oh my. What do we have here?" Daniel said as I got out of the washroom. I could feel the smirk in his voice. But I ignored him and went towards the bunk to pick out some pyjamas from my... suitcase?

Where is my suitcase? Oh shit! Did I-? Did I forget it in my previous dorm? I facepalmed my forehead.

"Damn, you're as hot as ever," Daniel said, his eyes examining me up and down.

I DON'T HAVE A CHOICE! I cannot go out like this.

"Um, hey, Dan? Can I ask you a favour?" I asked scratching ny drenched hair.

"Of course, baby girl. Anything for you," he scratched his bottom lip with his left thumb.

Oh lord. I hate this man.

"I... um... I actually forgot my suitcase in my previous dorm so, I was wondering if I could borrow some sweats, so I could go and fetch it from my previous dorm?" I asked hesitantly.

"Of course... I mean, you could stay without the towel too, I wouldn't mind, 'cause," he chuckled, "'cause you know I've already seen it all before."

"Can I borrow some of your sweats or not?" I asked again, but this time with a more intimidating tone.

"Chill, baby, of course. There is the wardrobe-" he pointed behind me, "-and you can choose whatever you want to wear. But I'm the one going to get your suitcase. Got it?"

"I am very well capable of handling my own stuff, thank you. You don't need to pity me."

"You're going to wear those sweats without any underwear because I believe that sharing underwear is very unhygienic. I think you understand what I am trying to imply. So, sit your ass back there while I go get your suitcase. Got it? You. Are. Mine. And everything related to you is mine as well. Well, except your clothes, of course." He replied.

I bit the inside of my bottom lip trying to hide a smile. I bit the inside of my bottom lip trying to hide a smile. He is controlling and caring.

Ahh! A dadd- Daniel-like behaviour.

I went towards his wardrobe while he went towards the door.

I picked some black sweatpants of his and a black shirt. I wore it and waited for him to come back.

How are men's outfit so comfortable? No wonder I always buy my outfits from the Men's section.