🌘Chapter 1🌒

Two sets of tiny hands wrapped around cold steel bars. Blue and green orbs staring at the dark abyss, full of curiosity.

"What is this?" A five-year-old tangerine asked as she looks at the dark tunnel beyond the bars.

"It's a gate. It connects the inside and outside." A little raven head answered.

"Outside, huh? We've never been outside." Said the little tangerine.

"That's because we've been here ever since we were born." A little white-haired boy stated.

"Hmm...I wonder what's outside?" A little white-haired girl spoke beside the tangerine.

The little raven-haired boy glanced towards the white-haired girl after hearing her question.

"Mama always tells us doesn't she? Don't go near the gate or fence in the back of the forest because it's dangerous." The tangerine repeated what their mama told them.

"That's obviously a lie." The raven-haired commented.

"Really?" The white-haired girl blinked in question.

" Hey Ray!" The tangerine turned towards the raven head.

"What do you want to do if you go outside?" She asked her friend.

"No clue. What about you?" The raven head responded.

"I wanna ride a giraffe!" The tangerine exclaimed with a big smile.

"Goodluck with that." The raven-haired boy leaned against the cold bars.

"What about you, Luna?" The tangerine turned towards her white-haired friend.

"Hmm...I don't really know. Probably explore and stuff." The white-haired girl thought, her index and thumb on her chin while her right elbow was resting on her left arm.

"Oh wait!" The white-haired girl exclaimed with a gleam in her eyes. "I want to see the sea and ocean!"

"Oh! That's a good one!" The tangerine smiled.

"I don't think you can open these from this side." Another set of tiny hands wrapped around the cold bars.

"I wonder...I wonder what this gate is protecting us from?" Spoke the little white-haired boy.

"She's clearly full of it." Stated the raven head beside the white-haired boy.

"You think so?" The white-haired boy turns his head to his left.

"Tch. Talk about anti-climactic. Let's head back before we get busted." Ray told his three friends.

"Ray's right. We should go or mama will punish us." Luna spoke who was in between the tangerine and white-haired boy.

The other two nodded as they walk away from the gates. The two white-haired kids holding each other's hands as the four of them made their way back to the place they call 'home'.